Negative Symptoms & Coaxing

A light article to work around with some of the Negative Symptoms:
//thesaneschizo.wordpress.com/2016/12/03/coaxing-out-of-the-negative-symptoms/

2 Likes

Had it been this easy, I would’ve gotten rid of negative symptoms loooong ago !! I keep pushing myself everyday, yet nothing changes. I don’t have energy for pleasurable activities, let alone disgusting chores. We need new drugs, that is the harsh reality. Dopamine enhancers or whatever. You’d think doctors have come up with a way to increase dopamine levels, since they know how to block it since the 1950’s. Think again. They are still in the dark: ill will or simply incompetence? As bad as it sounds, I’d like to think it’s the latter.

2 Likes

Pick up a materialistic/educational/work goal. Goals keep you focused and everything in between the goal becomes a challenge. It really then doesn’t matter whether you are tired or feel uninterested. Goals motivate you. Goals flip the lack of motivation symptom.
When schizophrenia struck me, I picked a goal to do a Masters Abroad. My negative symptoms (lethargy, doing activities) have been kept in check with that, thou, emotionally I continue to be very cold.

I pushed, pushed and faked.

Now faking has got pretty easy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

WE need new medication…
we need new breakthrough
we need good life…
we need respect…
we need dignity…!!!
take care man…!!!

1 Like

Time and patience is the ultimate key…!!!

Amen to the above!