Schizophrenia.com

Needing to grow up fast

I read that phrase on here a month ago and I realized that it might fit me. I can’t act like I did when I was 18 or 19. I still have to learn that not everybody is nice.By the same token I have to learn that not everybody is rotten either.

5 Likes

Just be cautious with who you deal with.

1 Like

I’ve gotten that advice before.

I always have remind myself of this. I have trouble seeing people from a “middle of the road” perspective. I usually just pick good or bad and then get confused.

Yeah, I think that most people are all good or all bad. Lately I try to tell myself that there is a gray area within people as well. Sometimes people are having a bad day - and come across as being an ■■■■■■■, but the reality is that maybe they are acting in a negative way because something bad happened to them. Not everyone is all bad, I am sure that some good exists in everyone. I just am not very trusting of others, I think it is my illness that makes me feel this way

2 Likes

I know I want people to give me the benefit of the doubt when I’m having a bad day. So I have to give others that same margin of leeway.

I’ve even heard myself and others say it… “we have a horrid mental illness! Cut us some slack!!”

So, if we want slack, we have to cut others some slack as well. It’s not all one sided.

1 Like