Need to stop Abilify due to gambling problem, looking for alternative.

I need to stop Abilify due to gambling addiction, are there any alternative that don’t have weight gain?

Don’t stop before you talk with your doctor and ask them for an alternative. :beetle::beetle::beetle:

1 Like

You can ask your doctor about Vraylar, Rexulti or Latuda.
Best of luck!

My gambling addiction is under control and I’m taking Rexulti and I am losing weight. I also take Saphris and various other drugs. I guess I should say I’m taking a weight loss drug.

1 Like

It has a bad reputation, but i use haldol. I hate meds in general, but i like haldol better than the newer meds i tried. Higher doses suck, but in (very) low doses it still works and i have less side effects. Zyorexa, seroquel and abilify were worse for me. Withdrawals are easier than on other meds for me. Never thought id write a positive story about haldol. :wink: Nurse says they use it more and more again lately.

Exercise paired with serotonin foods

yes sure will talk to my doctor first

1 Like

Hi.
My place don’t have Vraylar.
Rexulti have the same gamling addiction problem, i google it.
Latuda seems to be only for Bipolar Depression?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the gambling risk for Rexulti is much lower than Abilify.

Latuda is an AP so therefore used to treat schizophrenia and schizoaffective as well.

I wonder why abilify makes people impulsive like this. Its so annoying

One thats for sz only is geodon. Its in the same family as abilify and latuda though. I had alot of trouble with meds that were also for bipolar. The sz only meds are olazapine, resperidone, invega which is very similar to resperidone. And haldol. Haldol is older and a little better for weight. But has some serious movement sides. Olanzipine and resperidone are effective but worse culprits for weight gain. For those that are prone to it. You need to do some research. Along with trial and error testing which one will work for you.