Need to start over

Sorry for TMI but I am so backed up. I’ve been eating so much since starting Latuda, and then I also quit smoking. I am so bloated it feels very uncomfortable, my stomach skin is tight and bulging out, and I have terrible acid reflux going on, it keeps burning the back of my throat. I even tried eating some tums but it didn’t work. I caved, I went down to the gas station, bought a pack of cigarettes, smoked 2 and then just used the bathroom, got a little bit of relief. I’m not giving up though I just need to stop eating so much, this is ridiculous. I feel a constant urge to eat even when I feel sick. I need a break. I’m going to let myself smoke today and try to clear out, and then starting tomorrow I’m just going to have a banana in the evening with Latuda each day and nothing else for a week. I need to make it extremely simple so I can stick to it for a little while. I feel so embarrassed for myself, I have eaten myself sick and then caved and smoked again.

1 Like

Wellbutrin or Strattera can help you eat less.

Actually I just remembered I have a stash of cans of red kidney beans from months ago when I was stress hoarding, so I will have a can of kidney beans in the evening with the Latuda. 350 calories, 25 grams of protein and 25 grams of fiber per can, so that should be good for a week clean out.

I asked my pdoc for an anti-depressant but she said no. Will try this for now and see how it goes.

1 Like

@anna and myself have had success with taking a bcomplex to stop hunger cravings on abilify. Maybe it might work with Latuda too.

1 Like

Yep I’ve had absolutely no weird hunger pangs today

That’s strange, I also asked my doc for antidepressants and she said no. And recommended CBT instead.