Need to know

wht is the diffrence between delusion paraonia and intrusive thoughts?

Paranoia is a fear that something external is going to affect you in a negative way intrusive thoughts is internal and its only thoughts that are unwanted or disturbing

Delusion-a belief system such as your life is a tv show (Truman show delusion) or someone made a song about you or license plates have some significance. many other scenarios those are just a few examples

Paranoia is like a feeling of fear and worry constantly

Intrusive thoughts are thoughts you cant control you don’t mean to have them it feels often like it’s coming from outside of you. You often don’t want these thoughts.

1 Like

I still get intrusive thoughts in the form of negative memories from my past. But, I think because I’ve been handling myself better for the last 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, I think they don’t bother me as much.

1 Like

I have mainly intrusive thoughts (or unwanted thoughts) since 2010/2011. It’s related to mental illness like OCD or ADHD but any condition can have them I think including schizophrenia. Mine are delusional or paranoid in nature. Certainly includes stuff that never happened in this life, but some of it might have happened but it’s hard to tell what is real and what is not real given I have problems remembering my past.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.