Naps Always F%#k Up My Day

I don’t understand how people can just nap, then wake up and be good and refreshed. When I wake up from a nap I’m always dehydrated, brain-dead, cranky, hot, and just not good…

I don’t take naps really, never have. I can see what you are saying though.

Probably one of the reasons cats act the way they do sometimes? To much sleep?

Guess that you are just more of a mental person? You need your mind at top speed?

Don’t take naps?

Everything followed by a question mark?

1 Like

I try to avoid naps if I can.
And I try to avoid oversleeping if I can… or undersleeping. Need just the right amount.

Always were i balanced in such matters.

Not now though. I try and sleep all of the time now.

Coma sounds like heaven.

1 Like

naps ■■■■ up my sleep schedule… I just had a two hour one…

all the same I’m finding plenty of things to do in the night

For some things it’s the best time. But it gets you outa sync with the rest of the world.

1 Like

Same here. I will stay up all night if I nap too long.
Some of my best art was done in the middle of the night.

1 Like

I can’t sleep at the noon. If I only lie on the bed if i have time.

1 Like

I actually like naps. Anytime not in reality or consious state is normally a plus for me

1 Like

My day always fu*ks up my day.

3 Likes

Same here. I wake up like “when’s breakfast??” to find it is dinner time. I do not want chicken instead of oatmeal I say!

1 Like

Before I came to the attention of the psychiatric services napping was used as an ‘as required’ medicine. If things got too bad I would just go to sleep.

Now napping in the day makes me stay up all night.

Napping frequently is a short-cut to circadian rhythm dysfunction. As a last resort or isolated occurrence - probably the lesser of the evils, but it will still take a few days for your bio-clock to get back to wherever it was; and let’s be honest, we’re not talking “back to perfect” for the most of us.

The impact of circadian rhythm disruption cannot be understated.

Abstract:

A new study has found that chronic disruption of one of the most basic circadian (daily) rhythms – the day/night cycle – leads to weight gain, impulsivity, slower thinking, and other physiological and behavioral changes in mice, similar to those observed in people who experience shift work or jet lag.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/091026225744.htm

Just the first link I found.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.