NAMI film screening

Our NAMI chapter is having a film screening tonight.

JOIN US TONIGHT FOR A FREE, VIRTUAL FILM SCREENING!
“ERNIE & JOE: CRISIS COPS” FILM & DISCUSSION

Thursday, Sept. 17 - NAMI Louisiana will host a 25-minute screening of this award winning documentary, followed by an informal discussion with San Antonio police officers Ernie Stevens and Joe Smarro. Join us from 6:00pm -7:00pm CST for this important crisis intervention event.

Winner of the SXSW Film Festival, Special Jury Prize and directed by Jenifer McShane, this film follows Ernie and Joe as they divert people in mental health distress away from jail and into mental health treatment.

Open to anyone 18 over. Registration is not required. Simply click on the Zoom link below to attend.

Schedule:
Event Agenda: 6:00-6:05 Introductions
6:05- 6:30 – A 25-minute film screening
6:30-7:00 – Crisis Intervention discussion with Ernie & Joe

Join Zoom Meeting:
https://zoom.us/j/98641351633
Meeting ID: 986 4135 1633

3 Likes

Do you go to NAMI meetings? I tried going and admitting to my diagnosis and I was basically ostracized. It really hurt my feelings. If I ever go to a meeting again, I’ll lie and say I just have depression and anxiety. I do struggle with both so it’s not completely a lie though. But I guess that defeats the purpose of going. Maybe I just won’t go again. Do the meetings help you? Do you admit your diagnosis?

Never been. I am on their email lists. The meetings are all at 730 pm and right now they aren’t having any for COVID. That’s too close to my bedtime.

1 Like

@TomCat. Thanks for posting the Zoom Meeting info. They showed a 25 minute version of the documentary. Unfortunately, they were having internet bandwidth/connectivity issues so the video was very choppy although the audio was good.

The most interesting part of the meeting was after the video when the crisis officers answered questions and discussed their experiences.

1 Like

I am glad it was good. I went to my parents for dinner at that time so I didn’t see it. But it was nice of them to do it and email it to me. If it were earlier I would have watched it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.