Myself in a brieve summary

Hi, my name is Jane,

I’m 28 and am dx’ed with schizophrenia. I have visual hallucinations, delusions and auditory hallucinations.

I’m currently taking clozapine. Great medicine.

I eat a healthy diet, i walk a couple of miles every day, and i go to bed and get up in the morning at the same time. I live on my own, and that goeds well.

I go to a farm a couple of days a week to work.

I’m currently battling my condition with cognitive therapy.

They tell me not to be delusional, because i don’t have any proof for what i falsly believed to be true.

Cognitive therapy works very well.

I like to read experiences form other people who had psychosis, and like to talk to them and like to learn from them.

Bye

6 Likes

Hey Jane, welcome :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum @juffrouwjannie , you sound like you’re doing really well.

Hi Jane, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Hi Jane! Welcome to the coolest part of the internet! What kind of farm do you work at? I used to work on a subsistence farm, and it was hard work. You have my respect for doing that.

Hi Jane

I’m amazed sometimes how similar some peoples delusions are to each other. They do seem to fall mostly into set categories. I recently thought it was my mission to save the world. It was a bit bizarre but not entirely outside the realm of possibility. When I was younger I had magical thinking, and could float/fly places.

Welcome to the forum Jane!

Welcome Jane, a lot of good and supporting people here as info too! :slight_smile: sounds like things are going well for you

1 Like