Myers briggs carl jung personality test

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

i am ISTP type

1 Like

crap 151515555eeeeeeee

I am INTJ, however the test should only be used for neuro-typicals. I disagree with this as I see SZ as something that’s not going away and the symptoms have an effect on your personality. I don’t think you can separate the two from the individual.

2 Likes

I’m an infp/intp. I have less then a 1% difference between the the f and the t.

One of my alters is an entp though

2 Likes

i did that test last night… ISFJ here…

2 Likes

No, the test shouldn’t be used at all. It’s crap.

3 Likes

I think personality tests are fun tbh kinda like people’s zodiac signs

Unlike zodiac signs, they can be useful too.
This one is not.

2 Likes

I love the MBTI as a basic introduction to a person, but personality is admittedly MUCH more complex and the MBTI can do a poor job when someone is in the middle of the spectrum of its functions. It also has very little scientific validity.

The Big Five (or OCEAN), however, meets scientific rigidity but isn’t as cutely packaged and admits people can have negatives to their personality, such as with agreeableness AND neuroticism.

Some psychologists also disagree on whether or not personality even exists. Some would argue there is no such thing as a stable personality, even in normal people.

1 Like

INFJ, I think. If memory serves correct.

1 Like

Carl Jung did NOT directly create this test.

1 Like

Correct! It was created by two women who aren’t even psychologists who studied Jung’s work.

2 Likes

It says I’m an ISTJ type

1 Like

When you get down to it, the stability coefficients are pretty bad. “Moderate stability” is stretching it. But personality is just a construct anyway. If it’s relatively stable for a few years, why not measure it? With an actual personality test. And leave Jung and his followers out of it. Like a proper science. Calling MBTI a personality test is like calling a cheap romantic fiction novel you found on a park bench a literary masterpiece.

1 Like

Yeah, the stability issues are why I’ve had a lot of professors who argue personality doesn’t exist at all. I mean, the MBTI is more of a personality quiz like a Buzzfeed quiz than a true psychometric test. Calling it a test makes it sound too official. Jung is right up there with Freud. His theories were interesting but had no real validity, and his followers built bad tests based on unproven mumbo jumbo and just happened to market it well. I actually interviewed with a company that extensively used it in their training procedures. I was surprised they’re not using the Big 5 instead, given the research showing it to be much better (but still imperfect).

1 Like

And that’s exactly why I despise this test. :angry: Of all the crappy tests out there, this is the one I want to disappear first.

3 Likes

All these personality tests rely on a large measure of subjective bias on the part of the test’s creator/creators.

1 Like

ESTP
Extravert(3%) Sensing(3%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (3%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (12%)

What does this mean? I think if I take it tomorrow again it will be a different answer BC psychosis is a bitch

2 Likes

You sound like you know a bit about them. What is your opinion of the PPMI?
It is the one given in mental status exams. Sometimes to patients, but also to job applicants.
Here I know police must pass it and parents underinvestigation are told or asked to take it. With parents charged with abuse, where there is little to no evidience, this test is often considered as evidience of bad character.

Strange thing is I have heard that the many test of a mental statis exam can be interpeted very different by two different examiners.

This PPMI is the test used to judge the worthiness of our character here and carries a lot of weight in courts.

Even stranger:
While a mental status exam, which includes the PPMI, can exclude us from jobs and be used to judge unfit parents, It will not and cant be used for gaining Social Security Benifits as they are only done by psychologist, which are not doctors.

What do think of the PPMI?

1 Like

You do know test psychology is a whole scientific field, right? There’s a world of difference between this test and good personality tests. Subjective bias is not a big part of a thoroughly developed test. Good personality tests use factor analysis and item analysis to select questions and dimensions.

1 Like