My voices in a minute

“Your ■■■■■■. Your hopeless. Kill yourself. ■■■■ this kid. What a loser. ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■■. You really ■■■■■■ up kid. Theres no point in this kid hes useless. You really ■■■■■■ yourself up. Stop trying. Stop living. Stop breathing. Your wasting other people’s air. The world’s going to end. Your world’s already over. Ha ha ha ha your really screwed aren’t you. Give up. There’s no future for you. Ha ha ha ha. Go ■■■■ yourself dude. Your lower then ■■■■. Ha ha ha ha. Everyone hates you. Static noise”

This is a minute of my voices and sounds in my head. Its not constant but it strikes hard. They’ve figured out a way to bypass meds and make me feel terrible.

Man, I hate voices. They are all liars. I just blast music but even then can still hear them.

I heard real sirens today in class and voices started up with the usual “they know what you did”, “they are coming for you”, “watch out”. Voices are just assholes.

1 Like

i’m sorry your voices are so bad, i hope that one day you can get them under control somehow and things will be better for you, take care

i would tell you what i think voices are but i would get into trouble about talking about religion so i guess i can’t talk about that

1 Like

What ap are you on @Kazuma?

Zyprexa

Do you feel like you had self esteem issues before the voices showed up? I have a feeling voices may stem from subconscious feelings. Even if not self-esteem related, responding with fear may change the hallucinations to being negative. I have heard of some who coped by being nice to their voices, which then started being nicer in return.

2 Likes

Maybe not the one? Have you been on any other ones?

I had major depression before schizoaffective yea

Latuda but that gave me akathisia. And zyprexa works if i take a high enough dose but i can’t focus on anything when i do, even with adderall.

I need to finish this semester so ive been taking half the dose. Normally i take 15mg but lately ive been taking 7.5. Im in a real bind with this right now

So your depression could be “speaking” now. Interesting but very unfortunate. Have you ever tried therapy to help with your self-image? Meds don’t do too much to repair self-relationships I’ve found.

Latuda is a potent dopamine blocker and did wonders for my voices, and it did give me akathisia as well, as it is known to. I took/take something for it and only deal with a little twitching of my legs at down times. Did you take something for the akathisia?

Yea i do stuff to help but it doesn’t always work. Its like schizoaffective depressive not bipolar. I rarely if ever get mania so its hard to do anything when im psychotically depressed. I just don’t know what to do anymore. I half to finish the semester but i don’t know if i’ll be able to. All my thoughts are jumbled i can’t pay attention. This has been my hell.

Yea i took a bunch of propanolol for it but it didn’t stop it. I felt like my heart was trying to kill me when i was on latuda and propanolol.

The sad part is latuda really helped even with mood but the akathisia was unbearable.

I’m so sorry, it sounds really tough. Have you tried antidepressants? I know sometimes they can interact with APs but it depends what you’re on.

Im on welbutrin now

Shouldn’t be be taking a minimum of 10mg?!

Efficacy in schizophrenia was demonstrated in a dose range of 10 to 15 mg/day in clinical trials. However, doses above 10 mg/day were not demonstrated to be more efficacious than the 10 mg/day dose. An increase to a dose greater than the target dose of 10 mg/day (i.e., to a dose of 15 mg/day or greater) is recommended only after clinical assessment. Olanzapine is not indicated for use in doses above 20 mg/day.

1 Like

I have the same problem with my voices. They hate me too.

Hmm well different antidepressants work differently depending on the person. Interesting they would give you Wellbutrin when it increases dopamine levels, and increased dopamine levels are what is thought to lead to positive symptoms in the first place…my old pdoc said she’d never prescribe me anything except an SSRI (only affects serotonin) for that reason.

Other than that I’m not sure what to tell you ;_; Keep fighting.

2 Likes

I started with 2.5 with my psychiatrist then we raised it up to 7.5. Then the hospital raised it to 15 at night. Then i decided i couldn’t focus on anything in class so i went back down to 7.5.

I’m surprised they didn’t try Cogentin or Artane over propranolol? Propranolol is for high blood pressure first, and only sometimes used for akathisia. There are certainly better options. If zyprexa isn’t working for you, let your pdoc know. They work for you.

1 Like