My voices disappeared - in a few seconds

Hello
This is my first post here so I hope this is the right place for it.

So a while ago my voices disappeared. Like from one moment to the other. I was out driving when I saw a horse (not a real one) run beside the car - this has happened before - so I stopped, and stared at it until it disappeared. A few seconds later I couldn’t not hear the voices anymore. They have still not returned. It was like my surroundings became a little brighter, and that was not meant as a metaphor. It literally was brighter. The I am almost in shock. I have heard things my entire life, and then they just… Not there anymore.

Have you tried anything like this?

5 Likes

Any chance you were smoking marijuana before. Sometimes smoking marijuana makes everything brighter.

2 Likes

No. I’ve never smoked marijuana before actually, so that can’t be it.

How old are you?

I’m 19. The voices have been there since I was 14.

It easy to have your voices disappear when you have schizophrenia. Why mine have gone away thousands of times myself. The problem is they returned later.

2 Likes

I too have my voices disappear for long periods of time. Also at times by view of the world is brighter and sharper. I been told by a psychologist that its my anxiety, adrenaline hormones kicking in. As it’s tends to happen when I am affraid of something.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.