My truth (15151515)

Going out to see friends with my hubby this weekend. Secret is always that I can’t bear it. He knows it’s hard but not how much, of course I try to be as normal as I can which is not that normal. When it comes to socializing I’m a phony :frowning: It’s so much work trying to act like my old self and being social. Trying to keep up conversations, smiling, battling / hiding the paranoia. He misses the old me and he wants me there. Shouldn’t complain about that. But secretly was happy when my hubby worked on New Year’s Eve and I had an excuse to stay home from the parties…

2 Likes

I have no paranoia, but stay away from people as well. Being social is for normies, they don’t know we’re not enjoying crowd…

1 Like

They just know that I’m an introvert, sometimes I need to stay home, and some mental health stuff. Everyone thinks I’m having a good time … after a few drinks it’s easier to convince.

1 Like

No drinks. Alcohol is enemy of sane.
We need to be on our own not only bc of illness, but personality as well.
One’s who don’t understand it, like you’re husband, should be educated how’s stress from society for us.

1 Like

He’s actually really good about things. Best normie out there. I know I shouldn’t drink too much but I have 2 max when socializing. My pdoc and nurse know … but I’m not to have more than that. Helps a lot.

1 Like

So you socialize at all? What helps you?

1 Like

PM me because of privacy

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.