My Thanksgiving

I’m alone in the hotel room now. Cathy went. It is her family.

Those people are aggressive and tell me I’m not eating right. They push food on me and ask me to spend my money differently than I do.

I feel awful.

Jay

1 Like

What are you doing in a hotel room? Did you actually travel to go to this dinner only to be told you were dis-invited?

1 Like

Jay what the hell?

I’m sorry honey.

2 Likes

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Can you watch some TV in your hotel room? Is Cathy going to bring you a plate of food back so you can at least eat a Thanksgiving meal?

1 Like

Going over now Jay I’m worried.

1 Like

Be brave Jayster

1 Like

Yeah, it is a little house with lots of guests, so we took a hotel room five miles away.

At the last hour, I said to my gal that I didn’t want to go. She got testy and said , “Now I know you don’t want to be there, I’ll be on egg shells the whole time.” Therefore, I refused to go.

Her daughter and son in law are active alcoholics. I don’t even smoke cigarettes any more.

Jay

1 Like

At the last hour, I said to my gal that I didn’t want to go

Outch! :confounded:

Do you still feel like you don’t want to be there? If you’ve changed your mind, you could still go.

If you don’t want to go, you might have some making up to do unfortunately. Like buying a bunch of flowers or something. And saying sorry.

Sorry that it panned out like this.

Sorry you are having such a time on Thanksgiving.

1 Like

I come from an alcoholic family group. Alcoholics can be pushy, loud, over bearing. I’m getting ready to go to my family’s gathering, I’d rather not go. Wish I had a hotel to hide in! I found a good excuse, they offered to just come get me… so now I feel I have to go.

1 Like

Holiday gatherings can be tough even when sz and alcoholism aren’t part of the mix.

Glad you have somewhere safe and quiet to be, and I hope Cathy can relax and enjoy herself with her family in your absence.

2 Likes

I am sorry your day is turning out like this :frowning:
Holidays are tough

1 Like

I’m sorry that you are going through a rough time on Thanksgiving @Jayster
This shall pass
Tomorrow is a new day

1 Like

well I hope you and your partner will make up well after the dinner is over? are you worried?