Schizophrenia.com

My teeth and covid

i have two areas in my mouth where i feel slight on and off tooth pain

in england, the dentists are just literally looking in the mouth then that is the end of the appointment for £26,…due to covid they are not doing the usual clean of the teeth.

i have also been eating many sweets and fizzy drinks.

how is the situation where you are with the dentist, covid and looking after your teeth?

Really? Here they do everything.

1 Like

My dentist is doing everything now. They are very careful and constantly cleaning the office and doors like crazy.

1 Like

unless it is very urgent then they do it.

usually though for just routine check up teeth clean, they are not doing those at the moment :frowning:

1 Like

They are doing everything here too.

1 Like

I brush my teeth everyday but need to floss too. I flossed the other day just bcz I saw my brother floss lol I think I will just do the mouthwash as the dentist floss my teeth when I visit him.

1 Like

Could be nerve sensitivity caused by one of many possible factors: poor sleep, poor oral hygiene (try Sensodyne tooth paste), extreme diet lacking calcium and vitamins, etc.

2 Likes

Even if you request a cleaning?

1 Like

i did not ask …though they did say, at the start of the appointment that we are not cleaning teeth at the moment unless urgent,…

1 Like

Im due for a cleaning, been a year since I had my last cleaning. I need to find a close by dentist.

1 Like

Sugar and carbonation in soft drinks will wear away the enamel and rot the teeth.
Sensodyne has a toothpaste that claims to build enamel but my understanding was that once enamel is gone, it’s gone for good.

3 Likes

Afaik, enamel doesn’t grow back. But I’ve been told today that treatments with tooth buds (some sort of stem cells) will soon become commercially available. We will be able to regenerate parts of damaged teeth. Or smth like that.

1 Like

My dentist office has been doing cleaning during at least the past year during the pandemic. They had air sanitizer machines in each room and only used every other room to keep the number of people being worked on to a low number. They wore lots of PPE and did lots of sanitizing of rooms between uses.

For most of that time, the teeth cleaning was only teeth scaling but no polishing or use of the water pik due to concerns about aerosolized particles. Just a couple months ago when I was in for a teeth vleaning, they finally had started using the polisher and the water pik again.

They also did procedures like fill cavities and crowns and they used a special air suction funnel held near the patients face to try to collect any aerosolized particles that were created due to the need for using the water spray nozzle and the drill.

Prior to any dental procedure, they required the patient to rinse their mouth with a really foul tasting solution that killed any bacteria and also viruses such as covid before they started the dental procedure. That is the most disgusting mouth rinse that I have ever encountered.

2 Likes

Went to the dentist the other day… did the oral exam and a cleaning. Have to go back in August for a filling.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.