My supermorbidly obese friend I’ve been worried about just found out

That she has such severe fatty liver disease she may need a liver transplant. I knew she was in trouble because of her weight. I just knew it. This is why I’ve been so worried about her. Now I’m even more worried.

1 Like

oh no…that’s awful…sorry I hope you can handle this o k…?

Me too. She’s my best friend. I’d be devastated if she passed away

1 Like

I hope I don’t get that far…I have fatty liver disease but its not as serious to require a transplant.

1 Like

Obesity can be deadly, sorry.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. You must be seriously stressed.

1 Like

I am. She doesn’t follow diets but it’s because she has an addiction to food. Unless she gets her addiction treated, I don’t see a good outcome

2 Likes

Fatty liver can lead to cirrhosis. That does need a transplant

1 Like

I’m sorry @ZmaGal

1 Like

I hope this is a wake up call she needs

1 Like

Me too @anon80629714 1515

1 Like

That’s awful. We just found out tgat our son has fatty liver from his familial hypertriglyceridemia. It’s scary to deal with. I hope she is ok.

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully she finally decides to lose weight as hard as it is for her.

Has she considered surgery to lose weight?

She did but when she found out she would have to eat really healthy and really small portions after surgery she decided it wasn’t for her

2 Likes

Has she sought any kind of treatment for her food addiction?

1 Like

Not yet. I’m going to think long and hard on how to approach the subject with her without hurting her feelings

II think this is past the worried about hurt feelings stage. You need to be firm, take a stand. You don’t need to threaten to withdraw your friendship but you need to make her earn it. Do you talk on the phone a lot? Make a deal that for every pound she loses, you’ll treat her to something you do together.

1 Like

I’ll think about that. Maybe I will

1 Like

Addictions counselling to control your friend’s eating disorder might turn out to be a life saver @ZmaGal.

2 Likes