My story is far from complete

I wrote a semi autobiographical memoir in November. It was 42k words long. I read it again a month ago and I hated it. But last night I went and edited the first eight chapters. Edited it and changing the premise and tone. I’m glad I wrote it because it’s a great start to my life story. It starts around my 18th birthday. I’d like to add my childhood although I don’t remember it all that much. Edit it. Change it and every 4 months or so I will add onto the end. And edit it again. For the next 4 years at least. Then I will try and publish it. But then I will continue to add on and when I’m on my death bed I will finish it and maybe it’ll be 1000+ pages long. It will be interesting the progression of my writing as my life moves forward. It will be written over a span of 50+ years hopefully so the beginning may be a way different style than the ending. And progression in content too. my life long project. 26 is too young to complete a memoir but maybe good if you can get a lot of words down on the paper then start tweaking it and whatnot. It’ll be built into sections of my life. I think section 1 will be called coming of age. 0-30 years old. Then 31-45 46-60 etc… @Anna I know you were interested in writing a memoir maybe u can learn from my ideas.

1 Like

I wrote it based on the book “junky” by William s burroughs. I think I did a decent job emulating that but now I realize it needs lots of work and I’m trying to get away from the drug theme of it all. And add stuff. Although drugs played a large impact on my life so will still include it all I’m trying to change that theme!!!

Memoir can be the best gift for your children and grandchildren.

1 Like

When I’m done with writing it and can’t write anymore …I will hand it to my offspring and they will write the ending for me…since obviously I won’t be able to write about my death. So they will write the last chapter!! And get it published for me!! I may not make a penny off this and see it finished but maybe my children and grandchildren will get royalties and enjoy reading it too!! To understand what grandpa went through “back in the day” :wink:

1 Like

Good idea.

1 Like

Neat! It’s a very fun idea!

I know I was all worked up about writing one now and then I calmed down because I realized I haven’t even technically gotten through half of life yet :joy:

1 Like

goyankees, that sounds like a cool challenge. i write about myself too

1 Like