My stamina is finally back

Well, as a lot of you know, I quit nicotine and caffeine except for one cigarette and coffee when I wake up, which is objectively excellent because even high functioning people with scz are known to smoke a lot and drink a lot of coffee.

I have been running a 3.5 mile loop at a park and I have been making it in 30 minutes, also doing my strength training with Dumbbells, pull ups, dips, one legged squats, ect.

I just ran a route in my neighborhood that is right at 3 miles because it’s the evening and the park closes at sundown. I feel like I didn’t even run. I feel like I have my heart and lungs back to where they were when I was not scz- unless I haul ass like sprinting, I am not worn out and feel like I can do more.

I just remember when I was smoking at least a pack a day and knowing it was bad for me and thinking that I would maybe never be able to stop, much less run again. But I improved! It’s possible!

And Christmas was nice, I had lunch with my family. Hope you all had a nice one as well.

7 Likes

Congratulations about the smoking!

1 Like

Thats awesome! Ull only feel better after quitting the smokes.

1 Like

Very cool…

Glad to hear your feeling better… Congratulations on the quick recovery of the other day.

wishing you the best. :v:

2 Likes
2 Likes

So I was being set up to spar with another retired fighter, but he cancelled it when he heard that I was crazy.

I’m a little disappointed.

1 Like

F that guy, you can come kick my ass any time

2 Likes

Very good. Im only addicted to coffee. I love coffee.

1 Like