My sister has renal failure and is in intensive care (bulimia/alcoholism)

I’m sorry @Three . Try to have hope. But don’t expect her improvement will come easy

1 Like

My sister has discharged herself from hospital Against medical advice she can’t drink she can’t eat will probably still try to drink alcohol
She said she was another day at home than in hospital… but she believes They are poising her with their food
She said whatever they are doing it isn’t working
She Will probably end up in hospital Or staying with mum
and me Not too far away either

So, again, my 77-year-old mother is driving roughly 500 miles in one day with one eye

I am so sorry this has happened to your sister and you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

1 Like

Thank you @crimby
She won’t recover
I don’t think she really wants to

Such things are hard to bear. Give your sister what support you can. Try to make her as comfortable as possible.

1 Like

I’m sorry @Three . I think if it were me, I’d just start preparing myself for the worst.

1 Like

Wishing you and your sis the best.

Please let us know how she is feeling here and there.

1 Like

Is there any way to get her sectioned?

3 Likes

I’m with @everhopeful . Can you have her put in a mental ward? Where I live, family members can do that. Initially the patient will be required to stay for 72 hours so pdocs etc can observe the patient and determine if they need treatment or not. Then, if they do, they can take her to court to make her stay and take meds until she’s stable in the drs opinion

3 Likes

You should call the hospital she was in, and ask them for the right way to section her, given what they’ve seen of her.

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Three
Try to get her hospitalized (sectioned)

1 Like

She won’t go
Refuses to cooperate

She is far too unwell for a psych ward

1 Like

I’m sorry @Three.

1 Like

They are not interested
She had 2or 3 psych visits within a week at her bedside
She has refused and is incensed with everyone

1 Like

We have wanted her in hospital for 8 years
She just wants to drink herself to death

1 Like

If I can give you some background she was 12 when both her older sisters were hospitalised at the same time with first episode of schizophrenia
She has to be well
Psych ward is not for her it is for other people

They have had their chance
They will have seen it all before and they know how it plays out
And in uk the drive for care in the community means they have few beds
No one is interested if you want to kill yourself they allow you to go right on ahead until you ask for help
Even forced psych care has an element of consent

1 Like

I think I have been starting to
Don’t know exactly how

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.