My sister found out that

she has a stage II, inoperable, cancerous brain tumor called an astrocytoma. My sister is 59 years old. It’s the same type of tumor our little brother had when he was 13. My sister seems to be taking it rather mildly. On the outside anyway.

Me, I’m madder than a hornet. It’s just not fair that my little sister has come down with cancer three times in her lifetime. And my little brother came down with cancer twice in his lifetime and died of it at age 36. And me, scot free all my life. I am so blessed in many ways.

9 Likes

Cancer sucks, the average life expectancy for pancreatic cancer is 6 months, my uncle lived 4 months. He died at 35y.o. from a heart attack during a coma, the cancer spread to his brain, heart and all his body despite chemotherapy.

1 Like

I’m sorry @Aziz .

2 Likes

Thats what the Dr said to him, he has 6 months to live bcz it was already stage 4 when diagnosed.

2 Likes

Is that curable?

2 Likes

I will pray for her. My grandma had cancer as well. There are often cases where cancer miraculously disappears. I hope for this for her.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. Do you know how long they think she has?

1 Like

I’m sorry @SkinnyMe That’s very sad news.

1 Like

I’m sorry @SkinnyMe
God bless

2 Likes

So sorry to hear about your sister. Sending you hugs

1 Like

So sorry to hear about your sister. Much peace to you and yours.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear that. I have a family member with recurring cancer too.
It really sucks.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear your news. Hugs to you and your family.

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear that @SkinnyMe . Cancer is hard on everyone. I have lost 5 people to cancer now, and it never gets easy

You are in my prayers

1 Like

I’m so very sorry.
Wishing you and your family well
Prayers for you all

2 Likes

Cancer can go ■■■■ itself. My grandfather died of cancer. It’s a horrible disease.

I’m so sorry to hear this. Sending prayers and wishing you and your family well.

2 Likes

My brother was diagnosed with astrocytoma of the brain when he was 13 back in 1984 and they treated it as cancer with surgery, chemo and radiation.

Now, my sister’s current doctors think that my brother’s tumor was actually benign and he was treated with chemo and radiation for nothing and that his treatment actually caused his eventual death of renal cancer 23 years later.

I don’t know if my sister’s astrocytoma is curable. They say it’s inoperable. It’s stage 2. And it won’t metastasize to other places. And its slow growing. So we may be able to buy some time with chemo and radiation.

2 Likes

Wow thats bad, hopefully Drs can help your sister.

1 Like

If you pray, please pray for us.

2 Likes

We don’t know yet.

1 Like