My sister doesn't want me

We haven’t talked since August. My dad suggested I sent het an email for her birthday on the 24th and imply I’m sorry and want her in my life.

Today he invited all his kids into a group chat to tell us he fell and broke his foot.
As soon as I replied, she left the group.

Now I’m having doubts about emailing her. This clearly shows she’s not ready to have anything to do with me.

It took her 10 years to reach speaking terms with our stepdad after cutting him out, and she didn’t like him before that. She loved me at some point.
Now I’m not so sure.

Can’t say I blame her, I’ve been nothing but a burden on her.

Still, I feel really sad and hurt and rejected.

How do I fix this?

1 Like

It sounds cruel. I have a brother with whom i am very good friend. We are so close. If he would avoid me or if he would not talk to me, it would hurt me

That’s why it hurts so bad. We’ve always had a special bond despite being very different.
We’re barely two years apart in age, I can’t remember life without her.

I miss her so much. Sometimes I see a meme she’d like, and just the thought that I can’t share it with her makes me sad.

1 Like

Today is her birthday. I sent her an email, and started it out by wishing her a happy birthday, and saying that I don’t know if she wants to hear from me or not, but I’d regret it if I didn’t write her.

2 Likes

That letter is a good start. If you write her, don’t be too personal or write a too long letter, and that’s what you have done.

Family is important, hope you get a connection

Why should you apologize? What happened? I think you sent a good birthday note

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.