My secret to losing weight : I just do the opposite of gaining weight

I moved into my place last December. I was 245 lbs. Today I weighed 210 lbs. Some of what I lost was water weight. I’m not on any specific diet. They just serve small portions here for meals.

12 Likes

that’s so cool. Good for you!

1 Like

For 4 straight weeks I go on a yogurt diet eating 2lbs of low fat plain yogurt for dinner and a bunch of broccoli and carrots.

Over a couple months I’ve lost 20 lbs.

Can’t wait for cheat week.

To loose weight, a programme fitness program can be used. It is good enough to lower down the body weight. The programme fitnes is an easy way to reduce weight weight.

I heard fad diets don’t work in the long run. I don’t have enough willpower to stick with them anyway. I’m trying to make healthier choices and decrease my portions but its hard because I have a problem with binge eating. I’m trying to lose 30 lbs by the summer but it might take a while-feels like the meds lowered my metabolism

1 Like

How much exercise do you get? I’ve lost weight through exercise, not so much through dieting. I’m no good at dieting, love to eat.

I’m not very consistent with my workouts. Some weeks I work out 4 days and when I don’t see any results I give up the next week. I love eating too-it’s hard for me to stick to small portions. Im not that heavy-Im like 165 but for my height 130 would be a healthy weight

Yeah, I’ve gone through periods when I worked out a lot, but lately not so much. I had thoughts of going to the gym today, but never did. I want to lose another 10 lbs, but I never will if I don’t step it up, especially the way I’ve been eating.

1 Like

I was at 168 lbs. Got off risperidal and lost 20 lbs. Just weighed myself im 148. My goal is 138. Or to gain alot of muscle and actually be around 155, 160

2 Likes

I have been eating a whole lots less for two months now - with no physical activity and low metabolism.
I have maintained my weight. I wanna lose though - just need to figure out a way to exercise.

1 Like

I’ve been doing some jogging and walking recently. I lost about 4 pounds from when I last got weighed. I think one sign that I’m losing weight is that my belt has stopped being able to hold my pants up all the time.

2 Likes

I walk everyday for an hour. I lost 8 lbs since December.

4 Likes

I started exercise! woot woot!

2 Likes

I have been eating 1200 calories per day. I lost weight in the beginning but then just stopped losing. :confused: very frustrating and I’m losing hope.

For akathisia I’ve used Benztropine. It works well.

1200 calories might not be a sustainable deficit for you. If you cut calories too drastically, your body will go into starvation mode and try to conserve fat as much as possible. You can type your height and weight into a BMR calculator to find how many calories your body burns every day on its own. Then, either eat that number while burning about 200 calories extra in exercise every day, or cut that number by 200. My BMR was 1580 when I weighed 180 at 5’9" and when I started losing weight I ate 1380 calories a day. Weirdly, now that I’m only 140, I need to eat 1700 calories a day or else I feel like I’m starving. It was my body telling me it was done losing weight.

2 Likes

Try to think of the time you have been on your diet so far and you were losing weight. Has there been any changes that could possibly affect your weight loss? i.e. health problems or stress, or the type of food you eat or what you drink? Did you change medications recently? That can definitely affect weight loss or gaining. These are all factors that could affect your weight loss. Something a simple as drinking one or two sodas a day can stall weight loss.

Also, a common thing in many people on a diet trying to lose weight is they start off great in the beginning. (can I say right here that eating only 1200 calories a day does not sound safe.) But anyways, many dieters hit a plateau in their weight loss. Many people go the first few months losing weight at a steady pace but then they reach a point where they are neither gaining or losing. This may last week or a couple of months. I can’t really say if this is the problem you’re having right now but plateaus happen. You just have to stick to your diet plan and you just have to keep faith that it will end.

A good rule of thumb is to speak to your doctor before you go on a diet. Both a physical and mental doctor. Diets are risky and can be unhealthy for certain people so it is just good to get your doctors advice before starting any diet.
As a matter of fact your diet may have stalled because you have a health problem that you may not be aware of. So yeah, talk to your doctor. Psychiatrist all go through medical school so they know some stuff about physical problems too.

1 Like

My secret is streching :slight_smile:
It feels pleasurable and is good for metabolism.
I love it.

2 Likes

I guess I’ll talk to my Dr about the calorie intake. I always thought 1200 was fine for weight loss. But I don’t want to be in starvation mode either.

1 Like

I exercise everyday and count my calories everyday and my weight is normal and stable. I believe in calorie counting and exercise. I use the app MyFitnessPal.com