My results - DNA Testing

My dna test results show that usually with the dna mutation i have resulted in " schizo " Like psychosis.
And my mentall instability is caused by few dna double mutations… Basically if i had one more of the dna mutated along with the one that is already mutated, i would have schizo…

1 Like

So you don’t have schiz. Good news!!!

What DNA test is this?

Most forms of schizophrenia are not linked to any specific DNA mutations or alleles (or versions).

2 Likes

Its a dna methylation pathways, when the dna is mutated some can develope psychosis and some not,

Just wanted to say hello @Mindwhisperer - good for you on testing!

1 Like

Hmmm - I didn’t know that people were using this in regards to psychiatric diagnoses. So - something like these dna methelation profiles:

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com/home/eng/dna_methylation.asp

Can you share what company did the dna methylation analysis?

1 Like

Yeah. Very curious to hear.

I read about these tests. It is quite possible that “alternative med” doctors use these tests to make money either off the test or the suggested suppliment regimen.

I’m pretty sure DNA testing for stuff like this is unregulated and possibly not accurate

I could be wrong though

The dna test is very much accurate, its just doctors cant know for shure if that mutated gean is the result of the illness, all results are based on statistic. Same way as its said that psychosis can be caused by stress, but in reality who knows. Maybe there is some frute that i shouldnt have eaten.

My mutated dna means i am not methylating some nutrition vitamin and because of that my body chemestry doesnt work accurately, some have the same mutated dna without having psychosis or instead they might have different type of worry, like insomnia, anxiety.

I call shenanigans on all this. A lot of genomic statistics is junk science.

1 Like

Did your insurance cover it? What was the cost?

Also - please do share the name of the company that did the testing. This is very interesting.

Thanks.

Greatplainlabarotery. Is the company, and it costs around 495

I paid cash

2 Likes

This is a sample test results from greatplain…

As i remember, but you can do your own research…If mthfr/c677t and mthfr/a1298c is mutated especially double mutated chanses of having schizophrenia is greater

1 Like

it took me 13 f—ing years to finally truly accept i was going to need those pills for life or else be crazy. you might be right, but look at it this way - - - this is time in your life that counts. struggle through it and make the most of it. no matter what, you’ll be glad you did.

1 Like

Thanks.

Did you discuss this with your doctor?

Why did you take the test - did your doctor suggest it or something?

Based on the results, are you doing anythign differently now?

You can only do that test through a doctor, the doctor recomended some supplements, but now i am treating a different issue, i will start taking those supplements latter.

Help I’ve been trying to track down my MTHFR mutation.
Here is a list of what we have so far thanks to a couple of sites. I cannot tolerate any B vitamins, or folic acid even in folated types. I also have a massive list of odd allergies to drugs and health complications. I am NOT depressed unless of course they put me on antidepressants.
I am homozygous for VDR Taq, & MTHFR A664A
I am hetrozygous for COMT V158M, COMT H62H, MOA-A R297R, ACAT1-02, MTHFR C667T, MTHFR A1298C, MTRR A66G, BHMT-02, BHMT-04, CBS C699T, CBS A360A, CBS N212N

Thank you for any suggestions

I’d rather eat out

1 Like