My psychiatrist can no longer recommend any further medicine

yes very! it’s how i found an antidepressant that works best for me and i’ve recently started an antipsychotic that i am not having any side effects to

Maybe it’s time to circle back to an old med? Geodon didn’t work for me the first time 'round and now it’s my savior.

1 Like

Did you ever try a combination of a 1st gen with an ATAP? I find that works the best for me. I take Navane with Geodon. I can get the voices mostly quiet if I take a high enough dose of Navane with the max dose of Geodon.

Try a different psy.
I had a guy who only would give me one anti psy at the time and it sucked.
Switched to a different guy, after trying almost all the 2nd gen anti psys and starting with the 1st gen ones, put me on geodon and pherpenazine along with 4 other meds.
Im almost completely hallucination and side effect free. about 90%. The extra meds and the occasional hallucinations is because i wanted to be able to drink and have sex. Among other fun things :slight_smile:

Clozapine plus prn Haldol…I still hear one voice and frequently experience paranoia, but I don’t have to listen to 4 voices and think that the food supply is poisoned anymore…on the negative side, I weigh as much as an NFL linebacker now, and I drool all over my pillow at night if I forget the atropine drops…yeah, the biweekly blood tests, too.

Put your trust in science and hope that some day in the near future there will be a meds that solve your mental problems.

1 Like

Dang, I’m sorry, dude. :frowning: I have a similar situation. I’ve tried almost everything. I can’t take the first gen antipsychotics, because I have tardive dyskinesia and cervical dystonia. I’ve tried all of the other antipsychotics, besides Clozapine.

But if I try Clozapine, I would be forced to switch pdocs. So, that’s like… last resort.

I tend to build a tolerance to psych drugs. They work pretty well, at first, and then over time, it feels like they have just stopped working. It’s happened over and over.

I’m currently on a combo of Seroquel 800mg, Latuda 80mg, and Lithium Carbonate 1,200mg. It’s working decently, for now. I still have breakthrough symptoms that drugs have never been able to get 100% rid of. But I’m better than I would be without meds.

I just hope that this combo of meds doesn’t completely poop out on me, in the future.

Oh, this is an old thread… Sorry!

1 Like

I hope for you blossom that your meds will keep you sane.

1 Like