My psychiatrist asked me to become friends on Facebook

So we became friends.
He will see all my crazy
stuff I write. lol

3 Likes

lol. That’s funny. Weird that he would ask to be friends on facebook. I personally don’t use facebook anymore. Facebook drives me crazy. I deleted my account.

1 Like

That’s funny! 151515

1 Like

Funny. I have a new pdoc and it will take a long long time to become friends.

1 Like

He is a great guy.
He uploads photos from
his journeys and trips
in Latin America, Africa, Asia etc.

1 Like

I think it’s good that he can
see my symptoms and thoughts
throughout the month on Facebook.
Rather than just 20 minutes in his office,
once a month.
I mean, he will have a fuller picture

1 Like

Sorry I dont believe you. No shrink in their right mind is going to share personal information with one of their patients. Its against their code of conduct.

Its called “Boundarys”.

2 Likes

This is curious.

Yeah it’s not ethical for a doctor to befriend you on a Social Media site.
Personally I would find someone else if this happened to me.

2 Likes

Maybe he is suspicious of you ?

1 Like

Hey wass up om sadashiva …

1 Like

yea that is really weird indeed…

Yeah I wouldn’t trust a pdoc that wanted to be anything but professional with me

1 Like

Guys, we’re friends with him
and he uploads photos from
his journeys around the world.
Why not?
Why shouldn’t i accept him?
I dont understand.

1 Like

my psychiatrist isn’t on facebook but he did suggest that I become an addiction’s counselor or teacher and said I should try to enroll in school. I took it as a nice gesture…even though right now I can’t handle everything…I do want to try and get around people more…I think its nice that he wants to be a support.

Consider it as a support. Psychiatrists are humans too. He sounds like a genuine person I think people are just wary of the online stuff. If you know him already what’s the harm…honestly…some people get the private cellphones of their therapists. So what? Its your choice how you communicate.

And if it helps you it helps you.

1 Like

Yes, and moreover we’re greeks after all.
That means we become friends very easily
and promptly. Lol

2 Likes

Om most people who see pdocs think they are best friends with them anyways. I think its cool, and dont see anything wrong with it. If anything i think it means he cares about you.

2 Likes

You tell him all your crazy stuff anyway. It wouldn’t be different. You will just be closer friends. You know about his crazy travels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.