My pdoc says she’s giving me vyvanse my next appt

My current psychiatrist is an APN, I had one psychotic episode (just paranoia no voices) a few months ago and have been being diagnosed as MDD with psychotic features since. Before my episode I had one sza diagnosis but was taking vyvanse and a bunch of other stuff. I’m excited to be back on vyvanse so I can do better in school but I’m worried it’ll make me anxious or psychotic. What can I expect from this? I’m currently on 20 mg latuda, 300 mg Wellbutrin, and 5 mg lexapro.

1 Like

Hope it goes well for you. We all respond differently so it’s a little hard to know what to expect but side effects can pass after some time. Keep your doctor in the loop on how your doing and I’m sure you’ll be fine!

I have never heard of that one. But I hope it works for you.

Ok so I take anywhere from 30-60 mg vyvanse daily and it just helps me get past the lethargy from my latuda (along with the invega injection that’s still in my body). I workout every day or every other day, it’s not like adderall which I used to be on but I realized unlike adderall the vyvanse doesn’t cause any type of psychosis or anything in the sz realm.

Take magnesium with it it will help ur body absorb it better. I’m on 20 mg latuda too and starting 150 mg welbutrin tomorrow so it sounds like we’re on a similar cocktail.

Any other questions? Also how does latuda work for u? Any complaints? How’s the hunger issues on it/any sedation?

I’m just worried that the vyvanse will give me some anxiety and make it hard to sleep. The latuda works well no complaints about the medication really other than that I’ve been especially depressed lately. I’m usually kinda tired and lethargic but I think that’s the sz not the meds

Ok so I take 30-60mg vyvanse at like noon and I’m in bed and maybe asleep by 11pm-ish. So the sweet spot is usually around 10:30 am and seriously the magnesium helps a lot, that’s the main takeaway.

And anxiety wise I know everyone’s different but vyvanse is one of those that doesn’t have D-anphetamines in it so it’s less likely to cause that. And it would only last for like a month or two if u do get a little anxious so just push through it. One caveat tho is idk how it works with the welbutrin so I’ll let uk tomorrow. And usually u can fix anxiety that’s related to stimulants by getting like 30 min to an hr of exercise each day

This is very helpful, thank you!

1 Like

Good luck! I hope things go well. There is a med called Intuniv that can be taken for ADHD symptoms alone and in conjunction with stimulants. Supposedly it helps with side effects like anxiety and stuff of stimulants.