Home, About, Contact Us, FAQ

My pdoc increased my dose of

For the last several months, I have been waking at anywhere from 330 am to 430 am in the morning for no good reason. I retire at around 1230 am to 100 am in the morning and waking up way too early only getting from 3- 4 hours of sleep at night. When I awaken, I take my morning meds, which include a dose of an AP, Geodon, and then about 4 hours later, the AP kicks in and knocks me out and I go back to sleep around 830 am to 900 am and sleep in until around 130 pm, getting around 9.5 hours of sleep total, which is what I need. Problem is, this destroys my whole morning.

I called my pdoc today and told him that I consistently wake way too early in the morning every day and he ordered my Klonipin dose to be increased from 0.5 mg to 1 mg each night. He said he was sure he wanted to do this. I was wary but I tried it last night and I woke at 630 am (two hours later than usual but still too early). My pdoc had told me that he didn’t know what to do about this early wakening. I don’t know what he’s going to do now if I call him again.

wouldnt a longer acting benzo work better? i think valium’s effects last longer than klonopin + ive heard valium is more sedating

What about trying to go to bed a little earlier, too? Maybe knocking off around 10 or 11 could help you get more sleep? I’m not a good example, tho, since Abilify makes me do the same thing with getting up too early, even when I fall asleep earlier, and I go back to sleep in the morning, too.

Is xanax weeker then Valium? Is Valium an anti anxiety med?

Yes, Valium is an anti anxiety med.

When I retire early, I wake up even earlier. This strategy does not work for me.

From my understanding, Klonipin is a long acting benzo.

I struggle with early waking too. I’m so glad that I don’t have to work so that I can catch a nap when needed. Sometimes I only get a few hours of sleep and I just don’t function well the whole next day and am unable to fall asleep for a nap. I just started taking all my ap at night and that seems to be helping me sleep a little longer on some days. Can you rearrange any of your meds?

http://www.emedexpert.com/compare-meds/clonazepam-vs-diazepam.shtml