My past keeps repeating itself in my dreams

I keep dreaming about my past- usually about the happy days I had in Canada.

Now my life can never be the same because I’m here, sick and alone.

I wish I never dreamt. This is pure torture!

Dreaming about something that I can never return to is absolute torture.

I wish I never experienced what I had experienced in the past. It’s just reminding me that my life can never be the same.

I hate my life. ■■■■ me.

I live in Canada and most of my dreams are unpleasant. I tend to revisit bad moments in the past. So much so that I’d avoid sleep if I could.

in my dreams i relive the past a lot but it’s like the past gets altered sometimes… really weird…

Same here. I’ll get these dreams that are a weird pastiche of uncomfortable moments. Like I’ll be having a bad day at my current job, but my job is in the room of the teacher I hated in junior high, and then my in-laws keep walking in to visit and I’m getting in trouble from an old boss I didn’t like.

Bitchslap combo plate, basically.

1 Like

Same for me, I keep dreaming of myself before sz, working, studying, hanging out with lots of friends, having a gf, gym everyday, lots of money, etc

They say “dreams are wishes of the soul”:

1 Like

So do I.

I don’t get upset about it though.

I’m sorry you have bad dreams. I guess same place (I lived in Alberta) can be different.
It’s just that in the past I was healthy and not in pain, and I had friends I could talk to. I haven’t lived in my home country for 11 years so I am having trouble adjusting to my new life.

Does it hurt you? I hate dreaming because I tend to walk around normally in my dreams and visit places with my friends. Now I don’t have friends and I’m stuck at home.

2 Likes

Yes it hurts me psychologically and it reduces my self confidence feeling inferior. I’m stuck at home too. Sometimes I wish I could erase memories of me without sz to be more stable and normal.

I live here near Calgary now. I used to live near Edmonton. Before that I lived east of Calgary near the Saskatchewan border.

It must be terribly cold around Calgary around this time! My friend from Calgary keeps telling me about how bad the drivers there are, lol.

I’m sorry. I wish I could turn back time sometimes. Don’t let yourself down because you have negative symptoms. I hope that vraylar becomes available so that you can get out and do things more.

1 Like

It’s been unseasonably warm. We’ve yet to have our usual January cold snap.

Whats your coldest this year? Here its -28C but usually like last year it was in the -30s C.

Interesting. Well I’m glad that you’re not getting hit with cold weather. I hope the weather stays warm.

Meanwhile in Korea, we just had -15 C weather but that’s not even close to Calgarian weather.

You’re in Quebec, right?

1 Like

Yes I am in Quebec. Usually there is snowstorms and sometimes it gets to like -44C lol

Our cars got damaged from a snowstorm last year, the car shelter fell on our cars as it had too much snow. My brother’s Audi 2019 got damaged, it did cost a lot to repair :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Brrrrrrr that is cold. Yeah…I’ve heard that people in Quebec have horrible winters. I don’t know how you guys do it.

I remember watching the weather network because Calgary’s weather tends to be cold and the university is no exception.

1 Like