My partner just came out as trans

He’s gonna be starting testosterone later this year. I’ve never dated a boy before, I’m a little nervous but also excited, and very happy to support him on his journey

15 Likes

I thingk i said i am bisexual when i joined congratulations trans people usually have good mental health

2 Likes

You may need to take time to grieve a little. You’re losing a part of how you saw him so it’s ok to say goodbye to that and to feel a slight loss.

I’m really glad you’re being so supportive and that you’re excited. That’s awesome!

2 Likes

It’s wonderful that you are supporting him through this journey. Good job.

3 Likes

Thanks @CoCo @anon78876561 :blush:

I don’t think there’s any grieving, I’m really happy that he’s choosing to live as his authentic self!

5 Likes

That’s awesome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

that’s really nice of you @anon2818416 =)
he is lucky to have a partner like you!

1 Like

As a trans person, it is great to feel that way, but it is also totally normal and understandable to run into some more complicated feelings later on. Mr. Star had a hard time when I first came out, and sometimes still gets insecure about it. It doesn’t make him a bad ally, or a transphobe. But he had an idea of himself and his life and it was radically altered. You have thought of yourself as being exclusively attracted to women. Now you are realizing that is not the case. Or, you might realize it very much still IS the case. You might find yourself less attracted to your partner as he transitions. You might find yourself MORE attracted and then face some confusing conclusions about your own identity. All those things are normal and do not make you a bad partner, bad ally, or transphobe. Testosterone radically alters the body. It is okay if your attraction to that body changes, even if the love you have for him does not.

7 Likes

Thank you :relaxed: I love him very much

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight @Ninjastar I’ll try to keep those things in mind. Sounds like I might have to pick your brain in the future!!

3 Likes

If you have questions, I can ask Mr. Star because he might have some insights as well.

3 Likes

2 Likes

The new president reversed the ban of transgendered people in the military. I think there are great strides being made in helping the transgendered community become more understood and accepted.

4 Likes

You are a good partner. He will really appreciate your support as he goes through this.

2 Likes

Thanks @Rabbit_Farmer :slightly_smiling_face:

I live in Canada, and we definitely have some strong protections for trans people. Surgeries and stuff are even covered by our Medicare

4 Likes

That’s wonderful news Smokes.

Hope you and he have a fabulous life together.

Take care.

-S

1 Like

Thanks @ThePickinSkunk ! I hope we have an amazing life together too :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Everything will go well, @anon2818416… Wish him the best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @anon80629714 I will, definitely :slight_smile:

1 Like