My parents force me to work...?

My parents are forcing to work in job …!!!
But i cant …!!! They even dont know i have sz…!!

So i am seeing a therapist soon…!!!

4 Likes

When’s the last time you tried to work?

1 Like

Also I’m really glad you’re seeing a therapist. I hope they can help you.

1 Like

@far_cry0 bring your father to your therapist or Pdoc. Let the Pdoc tell your father about your diagnosis.

1 Like

I worked about two years ago. I was fired from job due to weak performance… i cant work …

1 Like

What do you have to lose by trying? Getting a good routine may even help. Assuming the job isn’t too stressful or demanding.

4 Likes

Thanks green6 i will take my parents to pdoc and
Therapist…!!!

2 Likes

There are some jobs that really suit sz life. I know there is even a topic on here about mail sorting. I think that would be great. I like organizing things, being alone and going at my own pace.

If you want to work you could aim for a job like. Delivering the newspaper, online or from home work, etc.

I think there is something to having a schedule/daily task that really helps me have a purpose and feel grounded. It will possibly feel that way for you.

There are simple, repetitive & mundane employment that could be suitable for you @far_cry0. You have to try to earn your own income.

3 Likes

Maybe you can start with a job that is only a couple hours a week. Like 2 hours per day. For me, how long you work makes a big difference.

1 Like

I cant work guys… i cant even volunteer …!!

1 Like

Then I would agree with Green that you need to let your parents talk to your pdoc and therapist themselves and try to enjoy your free time.

1 Like

Thanks tukey i will take them to therapist and pdoc .!!!

I’m too in 2016.10
In 2017. I also looked for a job. But I really can’t keep going.

2 Likes

I have a lot of oppertunity for work… i cant work…!!

1 Like

You can do it, give it a try , your stronger than you think. Just try part time

What opportunities do you have in your country? if you don’t mind me asking.

Working for me is not an option, between God and the devil I am trapped.
And my free will is not what it should be either.
I am a very young soul who has been through the mill.

2 Likes

Work can be very hard for someone with certain symptoms. For example, paranoia may make it hard to get out of the house and be involved with people. Every encounter may be terrifying for you.

As for the negative symptoms, they may make it hard for you to get going (avolition), which may be the reason for your poir performance at work.

Cognitive symptoms can make you slow and not as sharp as you would like to be. This effect can be dramatic, and may leave you underperforming consistently, which will get you fired, leading to more despair and discouragement.

So while you can find some simple repetitive job, it can still feel tough, and you may or may not be able to perform as consistently as someone with a healthy brain.

You know yourself the best, try and choose the option which you can handle.

1 Like

What was the work you did 2 years ago @far_cry0? Was it so demanding?

I am also not able to perform. But i am gifted with helpful manager and team who go beyond their job description and be kind to me. I am not sure for how long i can survive like this. But it makes me feel comfortable now. In the long run i have to hope that i have enough steam to work on my own with others. Right now running with low self-esteem and cognitive issues.