My parents don't want to help me anymore

In order to become your own payer, your dr has to fill out a form saying your condition has improved. If your condition has improved, you may lose your disability. So think long and hard before you do that

1 Like

My condition hasn’t improved necessary. I still am prescribed the same meds for my diagnosis’s and I have medical history with my pdoc. I always have been able to manage money nothing has changed in my disability.

I would like to believe that I could become my own payee while showing that I still have a diagnosed illness according to my medical history. My condition hasn’t really improved so I would like to think that I can pass the review.

I wish I never made my dad my payee. The social security worker pushed it onto to me. I didn’t know it would become a huge ordeal for my long term future. I mean my dad’s 70 years old. If he dies, I would logically think that it’s time to become my own payee. It makes the most sense.

1 Like

It makes sense to me too. But I’d have to get a dr note that I’ve improved in order to get mine in my own name. I just hope you can get it and keep your disability

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.