My parents don't want to help me anymore

They’re the only support I have from anyone. My mother couldn’t care less if I ended up back in jail. She wouldn’t care if she never saw my face again. That’s how much she hates me.

Man, that is hard. I guess you have to rely on government and charitable services until you get stable.

Best wishes.

3 Likes

Im sorry your going through that and best of luck to you in your future. Im sure you can find some way to get help with whatever your needs are. Youll be in my thoughts

1 Like

Sounds like a tricky situation. I hope things work out for you and remember: be gentle with yourself. :panda_face::panda_face::panda_face:

2 Likes

Good luck. I hope you are able to find programs to help you.

1 Like

Just hang in there and know that I care sure we don’t know each other but I’m cheering you on and I believe in you just hang on if you need anything feel free to reach out

1 Like

You might be able to get ssi or ssdi, if you can’t work. Talk to a lawyer. In the meantime, see if your parents will set you up in a nice room somewhere.

1 Like

I’m so sorry. Have you considered a group home? Do you have any income? Ssi? SSDI?

1 Like

My parents sent me too a group home on two occasions. First time was when I got out of the hospital in 2012. The other time was when I tried lowering my medication and started to become violent back in 2017.

I recieve both SSDI and SSI. I also live in federal housing so my rent is super low. I have my apartment to myself.
I also have my own car with the title in my name but my dad borrows it when his car breaks down and has to be sent into the shop which is common most of the time.

I would like to lower my medicaton but not come completely off of it. I’m afraid of what my family would do to me if I started being rebellious again.

The fear of being sent to jail is so great it tramatizes me too this day and prevents me from lowering my medication.

1 Like

So don’t lower your meds if you become violent without them. You don’t want to kill ppl and yourself. I am the same but stopped thinking about leaving my meds because I still had negative symptoms during the medfree year and I was even less social without meds. So meds do even improve negative symptoms a little.

Just forget stopping meds and your life will be stable and beautiful.

3 Likes

I don’t like the side effects of my medications. I have never experienced positive symptoms, but I experience negatives from my medication which I never had before I was medicated.

I just want to feel again like I used too instead of being emotionally numb to everything.

Meds do nothing but give me negatives

1 Like

ditto 151515151515515

You guys are free but I stopped meds 3 times and I ended up trying killing myself, once I was very close to die from liver damage.

I still had negative symptoms and wasn’t social without meds. I never came back as I was before my SZ even without meds. SZ is permanent sadly.

1 Like

I know I was suicidal before I was medicated. If I could just lower my invega by one notch and add something like prozac or paxil, I would be much better off and maybe even experience less symptoms from the invega.

I’ve been on antidepressants before and they always mellowed me out and got rid of suicidal thoughts and also helped control my anger.

Ask your psychiatrist then. Never change your meds dosage without telling your psychiatrist first.

2 Likes

I like my pdoc, he would be willing to work with me if I asked him if I could lower my medication.
My only concern is my father is my authorized rep payee. So he has full control of my finances even thought I manage my money on my own anyhow.

I would be in a much better position to lower my meds if I became my own rep payee. problem is my dad works all the time and so I can never find a time with him to go to social security office to talk with someone about becoming my own payee.

I don’t like the idea that my dad has access to my finances. I don’t want anyone but me to have control over my money.

Social Security told me i could get a letter from doc saying I can manage my own finances and they would switch it

2 Likes

But then I called them and on the phone they decided I was good to manage my own I dont know each time I call there they say something different

1 Like

That’s been my experience at social security. I get a different person every time and they all say something different. Sometimes you just have to keep pestering them until you get the results you want.

I like the idea of getting a letter from my doctor that says I can manage my own finances. I think they have to reevaluate your disability though if you want to become your own payee.

1 Like