My mum does not listen at all

I am having sleep less nights because I’m so worried about my grandmother turning on the cooker at all hours of the day. She has dementia so she forgets. I’m absolutely petrified. I can’t sleep. I’ve ask my mum so we can switch off the gas but who listens to me.

2 Likes

You told your grandmother not to cook but she does it anyways?

She forgets. She has dementia. I’m worried shell leave it on.

1 Like

It’s gotten to the point I dint even want to leave the house for worry shell leave the cooker on.

1 Like

We have a ceramic hob and an electric water boiler. I also wouldn’t trust my dad with gas.

1 Like

I live with my grandma and she is becoming forgetful. She left the stove on not too long ago.

2 Likes

Yes that is my concern too !

3 Likes

If this is one of the reasons you don’t feel like leaving home you should find a solution quick. It’s not healthy…

1 Like

I leave n the stovetop a lot.

If it’s an empty pan after making eggs nothing bad happens til my spouse finds and turns it off.

If something is cooking and I forget. The smoke alarm goes off and the food is ruined.

Many times empty it just heats the pan for hours. And no smoke.

2 Likes

I’ve told my mum either she does something about it or I’m not looking for work.

1 Like

My biggest worry is not throwing out the pan and the chemicals going into my food poisoning me.

Not to minimize your worry.

But if your house has smoke alarms.

Stovetops are pretty safely made.

Edit. It is still stressful

1 Like

I dont know why I feel like this I know it’s an exaggeration but I can’t help it

1 Like

can u turn it off yourself at night and when u leave the house? there is probably a shut off valve behind it

1 Like

Sounds really dangerous… Maybe you guys could get a new stove … Im sure they make stoves with an automatic shut off somewhere.

1 Like

I just did a Google search and found these. There’s three options of routes you could go
All require an electric stove

1. An automatic timer that limits the plugs usage to certain hours

2. An automatic timer that limits it to 5, 10, 30 minutes

1. A Bluetooth plug that lets you diable the stove outlet from your phone.

2 Likes