My mom told me to go to hell

My dad showed me an email my mom sent to him that said she told me to go to hell. I blocked her in November so I never got that text from her. My dad said she emailed him other bad things about me too. I don’t know why she would do that.

Isn’t she mentally ill?

Yeah. She’s paranoid and delusional and I don’t know what else

1 Like

Is she getting treatment?

No. She doesn’t think she’s mentally ill.

1 Like

I know of a family friend who’s in denial about her illness and she’s very difficult to deal with

Try not to take it to heart

2 Likes

Thats how I was the first 5yrs of my sz, I kept stopping my meds often as I didn’t believe I was ill. Also I didn’t get treatment until my 2nd suicide attempt. Then after 5yrs of my diagnosis I got insight somehow and been on meds since then. Hopefully your mother gains insight and realize that she needs treatment.

2 Likes

I kept stopping my meds for years after I got diagnosed with schizophrenia in 2015. Now I just miss antidepressant doses sometimes when I run out but I asked to switch to an antipsychotic injection in 2019 so that’s always in my system and that’s the most important psych med I need to always have in me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.