My mom is having major surgery right now

I will pray for your mom @Headspark .

2 Likes

Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way @Headspark.
Chances are your Mom will be fine.
God Bless

2 Likes

Great to hear that your mom is out of surgery.

Please keep us posted.

Prayers if you accept them.

:innocent:

2 Likes

That’s great news !

3 Likes

Finally spoke with my Mom today, she is in a lot of pain and the pain killers are not working but other than that she is managing,

When I was at the hospital they gave me a number and extension to call but when I called the extension they gave me another extension, so I called that and it rang like 20 times and no one picked up. I called the extension like 5 times. Finally a person picked up and said she had to put me through to someone else, it rang like 15 more times then a machine picked up and said this number doesn’t take messages. A second time someone picked up and said yeah, she is on the floor, then put me on hold. I waited for 25 minutes but had to hang up because dinner was ready. So I didn’t get to talk to her yesterday. I called her cell phone yesterday but she was in recovery and didn’t have access to her cell phone so obviously she couldn’t pick up.

My mom asked the nurse to get her cell phone for her today and just called me now. So I finally got to talk to her. I had to explain everything to her because I didn’t want her to think we had forgotten about her. Total hospital incompetence.

She is out of the ICU and they are now moving her to another hospital for recovery today. The second hospital is much closer so that makes it easier to visit which is nice.

7 Likes

Lot’s of good vibes being sent her way for a speedy recovery. And good vibes for you too so your worry will be less.

2 Likes

I’m glad she’s ok and out of ICU. She is my age so I can understand her wanting to rest.

1 Like

Keep your head up @Headspark sounds like your mother is on the road to recovery

Fingers crossed they keep the Covid at bay

My mother was in hospital for a week after an operation on a fractured ankle. We were only allowed to visit for 1 hour a day, and the hospital did not allow more than one visitor on a ward.

The covid controls I thought were a bit over the top, but I guess they’re dealing with some very vulnerable people

1 Like

My heart jumped when I saw this post had an update. It must have been beyond frustrating when their phone system ran you in circles, but I can imagine your relief at last to know that she made it through ok. I’m happy for you x

1 Like

I had spoken to the surgeon so I knew every was okay, but I spent the day thinking what if she is thinking we don’t care about her, or have forgotten about her, that was the part that really frustrated me.

2 Likes

My mom is coming home today from the hospital. She recovered faster than they expected given the complications they ran into during surgery. Yay!

I have to go pick her up in about an hour.

4 Likes

Yay! I’m so glad she’s recovering so quickly

1 Like

Good that ur mom recovered

Wishing n praying for the best of u both

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.