My mental health team has a “perm pdoc “ now

I give up and know I’ll only see this perm psychiatrist once :rofl:. I never see any pdoc more than twice.

2 Likes

As soon as you seem functional they don’t seem to care anymore is my experience; as soon as you go “act up” even just a little, they want to medicate you to to the brim and back :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I’ve had the same experience however as I just come out of hospital they don’t know how I’m doing they should be chasing it up. I want to know if I’m fit for work.

my pdoc keeps following me up even when i am not presenting positive symptoms

is that not annoying to you? I been seeing same pdoc for long long time now and when i go to the psych ward i don’t see him for like half a year but when i get out again i see him again.

2 Likes

It’s annoying because like as it happened with the last pdoc, he thought I had a personality disorder so was happy to put me on antidepressants without mood stabilisers. Wish he read the notes all the others wrote.

2 Likes

Mine changes every 3 to 6 months. I think im on number 9 at the moment. CPN deals with the day to day stuff - but its still a nightmare when your looking for a supporting letter.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s would be frustrating. They need to step it up,

1 Like

My psychiatrist discharged me from psychiatric care a few weeks ago saying I am stable. He told me to see my family Dr if there is a problem. I have no psychiatrist now.

3 Likes

hopefully you got good family doctor… =/

3 Likes

You have a ‘Perm Psychiatrist’?

So he’s making money on the side doing hair styles? But what if you want French braids??

5 Likes

Psychiatrist for my hair that’s a thought

Can your family doctor prescribe APs and other psychotropic medications?
Here in the states only psychiatrists usually prescribe psych meds.
My family doctor only prescribes benzos and probably certain antidepressants but I don’t think he can prescribe APs like Risperdal.
@Aziz

2 Likes

I don’t think he can, he can just renew the same prescription. My psychiatrist doesn’t want me to change meds, maybe thats why he doesn’t want me to see psychiatrists anymore.

1 Like

I’ve had the same pdoc 6 years and no sign of discharge.

1 Like

Ive had the same one since 2018. Shes been great. Very helpful and empathetic
She pretty much will prescribe anything except antidepressants for me so I do careful research before trying a med.

Funnily enough - i found out friday we got a permanant one too. Thank god for that. I can now moan at someone and be listened too lol.

They gonna up my jab - so ive done my best to put my case forward as eloquently as possible! lol.

I want mine upped - cos i do silly amounts of Seraquol when the jab gets low. Im very fortunate to have ruddy great insight - so know when to adjust my dose accordingly! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.