My life update

I’ve been absent from the site a lot lately. The doctors at first thought I got RSV a few weeks ago, but they’ve now determined I had covid, and they had tested me too early. My lungs were really impacted, and I’ve been having breathing issues for about two weeks now. They diagnosed me with copd a couple days ago. They said my lungs are damaged and may improve but not to 100%. They started me on an inhaler for patients with copd. Today I saw the pulmonologist, and my resting oxygen has improved. They were considering putting me on permanent oxygen and now I don’t have to be. So things have gotten better.

I also injured my foot last month, and had to stay off it for a month. I see the ortho doctor tomorrow. I still cannot walk well on it, but I no longer need a walker. I’ve been filling the time with things I can do in bed, such as diamond painting, needlepoint and playing the violin.

Despite my troubles, life is pretty good. Pdoc put me on lithium, lamictal and saphris last month, and I’m doing really well on them. Even my loved ones agree. Lol.

16 Likes

Oh hang in there @anon55031185
I’m glad that things are improving for you

4 Likes

Thats a lot to deal with in such a short period of time. Im sorry so much has happened to you. Im glad you don’t need permanent oxygen, that is such an annoyence when you do. Hopefully your ortho appt goes well. I wish you well @anon55031185 keep on fighting!

3 Likes

I hope you get better soon @anon55031185

2 Likes

I hope you keep improving. Baby steps!

2 Likes

Keep strong and keep improving

2 Likes

That’s 3 × more than my bed activities, which only consist of playing on my phone.

2 Likes

When I was recovering from surgery I asked the doctor if I would ever be able to play the violin. He was too smart to fall for it though…I’ve never played the violin. Glad you’re playing. Get better soon.

2 Likes

Glad to hear that you are on the mend. Hope that the healing continues.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.