My life changed on December 19th

On December 19th 2021 I went to work like any other regular day. Right before lunch time I went to empty the trash and the door closed behind me and there was a metal ladder propped against the door that came and fell onto the back of my head. It knocked me out.I was working in a hospital so I was surrounded by nurses and doctors. They immediately took me to the ER. I was dizzy, blurred vision, nauseated and confused. They told me to take two days off work and I’d be fine. My boyfriend drove me home. Two days went by but I was not fine, my condition worsened. I was vomiting and very confused. My boyfriend drove me back to the ER where they did a CT scan but ultimately told me it turned out fine so just take 5 days off work and I’d be fine. But 5 days went by and I was not fine. Now they referred me to ophthalmology and neurology. I returned to light duty work seated only beginning of January, but on January 5th I went to get up from my desk and immediately got dizzy and passed out. Once again I landed in the ER where they told me I was simply dehydrated. They gave me fluids and sent me on my way. But then I was taken off of light duty work because they were afraid of me passing out again so I quit my job because they were only paying me 60% of my salary and I couldn’t survive on that so I got a new job working front desk at a dental office. EEG came back abnormal from neurology but didn’t exactly point to seizures. But I kept having these weird symptoms. My heart rate would jump anytime I stood or walked then immediately come down when I sat back down or laid back down. I kept passing out if I was standing for too long or if I stood up too quickly. This led me to being referred to a cardiologist but workmans comp refused to cover it because in their terms “your heart isn’t related to your brain” I finally got in to see the cardiologist who immediately knew something wasn’t right. My EKG was normal and he ordered an Echo which was also normal but he also ordered a tilt table test. During the tilt table test I came back absolutely positive for POTS(Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) which is a form of Dysautonomia. They wanted to put me on Corlanor but insurance refused to cover it even with a preauth. So back to beta blockers. Put me on metoprolol and I had a horrible experience with it. Couldn’t stay awake for the life of me, was so fatigued all the time, horrible GI upset. So they were able to switch me to Atenolol. So far no terrible side effects but it’s not really controlling my heart rate very well. Today at random when standing my heart rate went to 168 then dropped down to 48 all within a couple of minutes. And the brain fog right now is the worst. I thought I had bad brain fog when I first started APs. Nope. I was wrong, since developing POTS this is the worst brain fog I’ve ever experienced.

So needless to say, my life suddenly changed on December 19th.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about that. Hope you can adjust to it.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear all these sufferings you went through. Hang in there! I hope things get better soon for you.

2 Likes

Wow. That sucks! Sorry to hear this happened to you. Hope the new medication works

:crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

That is a very difficult situation. I hope they can help you better and that you feel better again soon.

2 Likes

I’m sorry about that. I hope you can get medication that helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.