Schizophrenia.com

My left eye is definitely twitching

Did you stop taking the Risperdal?
That sounds like tardive dyskinesia!
@trelos

I also get eye twitching at times but it normally don’t last longer than two or three weeks. Also I get finger twitching at times. I always freak out.

Once my pdoc put me on anti-Parkinsons meds. I drank it for a short while. The twitching went away. I’m on high dose Abilify for many years, 25mg. If I take a lower dose I relapse.

You should not take chances with something like this Wave. It could be just stress but I’d say definitely take it up with your pdoc.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you are going through this @Fellowman
Thanks, I will talk to my pdoc about it, definitely.

1 Like

I got akathisia from Risperdal and they tapered me off of it. But the twitching never stopped and mild lip smacking came some time after stopping Risperdal.

I hope you don’t get TD. Even mild lip smacking is annoying. I dont realize that I’m doing it but people start looking at me strange and comment.

1 Like

Hubby’s eye twitches whenever I spend money. I think it’s a spouse issue.

Mine did for a while, but then it mysteriously went away.

2 Likes

Thanks @Oolaloola
I hope you feel better soon!

1 Like

Yesterday my face was twitching, by my chin.
I see my psychiatrist this afternoon.

I will be mentioning these facial twitches I’ve been getting.

2 Likes

I have this kind of twitching in the eyes too. Too in my hands and other parts of the body. Since years. I don’t know what it is.

It’s most likely the APs you are taking

1 Like

I’m glad you see the pdoc today. Let us know how it goes

1 Like

Thanks @Pianogal

1 Like

I saw my doctor today and she doesn’t think that the twitching is caused by the meds.
But if it gets worse I’ll be sure to let her know.

@Pianogal

2 Likes

That’s definitely good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes thanks @Pianogal!

1 Like

@Wave, what does she think is causing it?

1 Like

At first she said it could be a magnesium deficiency but I told her my levels were now normal.
She said it could be too much coffee.

I don’t know but I have a feeling that it could be the meds.

I’ll keep an eye on things and if it gets worse I’ll call her again. @Raelyn_Fenn

2 Likes

Yea, maybe reduce the coffee if need be? Not now, but if it doesn’t go away.

Take care

1 Like

My nurse looked at my tongue when I started having weird movements. My eye twitched, my thumb jerked, and my tonge never stopped moving. She said no matter what, the tongue always moves weird with td.

They took me off the extra ap. Aristada has proved to be pretty awesome. I highly recommend giving it a try if possible.

1 Like

Abilify wasn’t a great med for me @ZombieMombie

But… I may have to go on it again if these twitches don’t stop.

They have already reduced in frequency at least for today.