My lawnmower won't work

Not sure what is wrong with it. My grass is so thick and high. I’m going to have to cut the whole yard with a weed eater.

5 Likes

Is there any water got into the tank like if it was not sheltered from rain or snow? If that’s the case the gas needs to be dumped and replaced.

1 Like

No. It’s the autokill. Going to try taking it off.

1 Like

My mom’s neighbors take off with her lawnmower. Break it. I don’t like them. Would your yard tear up a riding mower?

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t. Just can’t get one or i would.

1 Like

Yeah tall grass is a btch. Assuming its the long grass thats the problem and not the lawnmower itself you could try to start the lawn mower on pavement and raise the distance of the lawnmowers wheels/blade to the ground it should be ok. I guess you probably tried that already, so thats no fun to have to cut it w a whacker.

1 Like

I had to get my lawnmower fixed twice and it was the carburetor. The guy that owns the shop told me there was water in the gas. I threw away my gas can and got a new one.

I traded in the lawnmower for a better one last time it was in the shop. It has been working but the self propelled thing is stuck now. The front wheels constantly spin.

1 Like

It’s that auto off switch. The metal cord that goes up the handle to the lever you hold down while cutting and let go to turn off is stretched out.

That sucks! I hope you can fix your lawnmower

1 Like

maybe you can adjust the choke from somewhere on the motor that will let it run without the handle cable

1 Like

Can you take apart the carburetor and clean it up?
That is usually the culprit with small engines…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.