Schizophrenia.com

My landlord told me

To chuck my old roommates abandoned property and let him take the fall if he sues.

Makes me nervous but I haven’t heard from this guy in over a week now because he blocked me and it’s been well over a month since I asked him to move and it’s been 3 months since he stopped coming around anyway. His stuff was abandoned six days after he stopped coming around according to the lease and my lawyer. But especially now that he’s not even speaking to me. I’m convinced he has no intentions on coming back for his things.

6 Likes

I think they’d know the laws around it. I don’t really see much of an option if they’ve blocked you and they’ve moved out. If you do the necessary things to try and contact them then I wouldn’t feel guilty. You at least tried and you have to move on.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s just a sticky situation but I agree. I need my house back

2 Likes

IDK. If you could somehow get a message to him and give him one chance to get his stuff and set a time and date. Pick a day and give him a two hour window to get it all. If he still doesn’t get it then I would have no qualms about tossing it. But I would give him one last chance even though he probably doesn’t deserve it. Yeah @rogueone is right, if that doesn’t work you would know at least you tried to give him a fair chance. If he doesn’t take that opportunity, it’s on him. But if you do this, you can’t waver; give him that two hours and that’s it.

1 Like

That sucks. The stuff needs to go but then you have to spend time, get help getting it out too. That might even cost you to get rid of their stuff.

1 Like

I’ve given him countless chances. I told him to be out by December 9