My kitty has liver cancer

We took Garret to the vet for diarrhea and vomiting, which is due to Giardia, but his bloodwork and exam also showed he has liver cancer. Both my husband and I are despondent. Not sure how long he has but he will be well loved until it’s time to let him go. He’d been losing weight but I didn’t know it was cancer until today.

Here’s a picture of Garret. It’s not fair, he’s only 12 years old…I’m so very sad.

16 Likes

That is to bad. Make the time you have with him special. :cat::cat::cat:

2 Likes

I’m really sorry @Shmookitty. I hope you enjoy the time you have left with him.

2 Likes

awwww I am so sorry about your cat…that must be rough on you and your family…

2 Likes

I’m sorry @Shmookitty

2 Likes

Poor baby. :frowning: I’m really sorry he’s so sick.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone. I feel really raw right now and hope I don’t start hallucinating because of the stress. All I can do is stay med compliant as always and take my prn if needed.

Garret is such a special boy.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry. Animals and pets are so precious.

Please be kind to yourself during this difficult time.

2 Likes

I have a cat about his age. I feel so bad for you!

1 Like

Condolences, it’s the most horrible thing for a loved pet.

(((hugs)))

:heart:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. I’m going through some cat stuff too. It really hurts your heart.

Thinking of you. :heart:

1 Like

Im terribly sorry to hear about your car. I wish the best for you and your family.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, poor Kitty:(

1 Like

I’m sorry that your kitty is sick. Try to pamper him and snuggle with him as much as possible.

1 Like

So sorry for you and the kitty! Hope there’s some life left yet and a well loved cat needs some cuddles!

1 Like

@Shmookitty
Awww. I ache for you. I’ve sure you’ve had wonderful years together! Enjoy the cuddles tonight.

1 Like

I’m sorry that is so awful. It’s like losing a family member.

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry to hear that about your cat.

1 Like

Me too.

:pray:t3::two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the support, everyone, it means a LOT. I don’t have children, Garret is my second born cat child (the first was Shmookitty).

I feel like such a grinch giving him his meds! But it’s for his good, so we soldier on.

3 Likes