My job is in serious jeopardy

I had to miss work today, to stay home so a new lock could be put on my apartment door. Probationary employees like myself are never to call off, and this was the second time I’ve had to do something like this. The first time was two weeks ago, MI-related stuff, during which time the first robbery occurred. Now I realize they may continue to happen; will I have to miss work again for the next robbery?

I emailed my boss about the situation, and here is what he sent back today:

“I’m sorry you’re in this situation. We will have to have a discussion about our plan moving forward when you return. Are you planning to come to work tomorrow? Generally, absences during probation are not tolerated but like I mentioned, we should meet to discuss the details of your situation in person.”

I’m worried.

On a side note, my sister said she would take care of my pets at her house if I need her to. I am waiting to hear back from my friend regarding whether or not he would let me crash in his basement for a while. I really do not feel safe here. If he’s ok with it, I might move this weekend. I didn’t ask my sister if I could stay with her, since I know there’s no place for me at her house. Not to mention I can tell that most of my nieces think I’m weird and are creeped out by me.

3 Likes

I’d move into your friends basement. Hopefully you’ll be able to finesse things with your boss.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m hoping for both as well. My friend would be driving home from work right now, and I’m sure he would need to discuss it with his wife first. With any luck I’ll be able to move to his basement this weekend.

1 Like

Thankfully, I’m stable enough and in a good enough position mentally that I’m able to hold a job. I’ve never called off, and I pick up many shifts; however, your situation sounds unique, and I would take any action necessary to feel safe.

@freakonaleash you should be guaranteed a respectable standard of living
regardless of your capacity to earn money.
Further , schizophrenia should be cured, and technological innovations
like self driving vehicles and other tools of artificial intelligence should be immediately put in place to cut off redundant workers.
If you want to work, do it for fun, but not at the expense of the public.
All efforts should be made to streamline and cheapen everything,
including through firing people who are surplus to efficiency and cost cutting requirements.

Good idea. Just make sure you are never alone in the apartment with her. Always stay with your friend. Some women might be afraid of strangers if you are not very close.

Like during the day, leave the house etc. If you can.

I am sorry you are going through this :frowning: It has been a horrible time after another, it is unbelievable.

I’m not worried about that. I’ve known his wife for as long as I’ve known him, and he and I have been hanging out for nearly eight years now. I consider her a friend.

2 Likes

Okie good luck :frowning: Hope things work out.

1 Like