My husband has gone in for some testing today, it'll tell us whether or not the cancer is back

The doctor has already told him it’s very likely back.

Today he’s going to do some more diagnostics to confirm and see where, if, the cancer has spread.

I’m nervous and he’s not handling this very well.

Plus he asked his doctor to put him on an antidepressant, it’s been giving him a headache for like a week.

I’m very afraid we’re approaching the point where I’m the most stable person in my house and I can’t handle it.

I’ve already screwed up my mother in law’s dialysis supplies, again.

I feel like I’m failing at supporting my husband because I don’t know how to support someone with cancer.

We’ve been through this before, but not like this.

Thanks for reading,

I don’t really know what I’m getting at,

I’m just scared.

It seems like life is falling apart.

9 Likes

I’m sorry you and your husband are going through this. Are you in the US? You can call the national information center of the American Cancer Society and they will be an ear for you and your husband. They can explain the cancer as well and they can also tell help you navigate the health insurance plus more. It’s worth a call

4 Likes

Hugs to you and your family, Rexy.

Try to take things one day at a time.

3 Likes

oh I am crying right now…that is so sad…I am so sorry…I will be praying for your husband and you…don’t be hard on yourself…

5 Likes

That’s a pretty rough hand to be dealt. To say the least.

Like @ZmaGal said you should find out what supports are available. Any help is going to be better than no help.

All you can do is be there for your husband I think.

I’m sorry you’re going through this.

4 Likes

1 thing at a time

You’re stronger than you think.

You CAN do this!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk, I have experience with having someone close to me have cancer.
If the test comes out positive, you’ll both probably go through a wide range of emotions, which is perfectly normal, but important to get off your chest and be honest about.

2 Likes

support

My condolences Mr. Gable. Cancer is horrible.

I’m wishing you and your tribe the best

3 Likes

This site is a good place for you to get support. Don’t forget to make use of us.

4 Likes

I’m so sorry @anon54386108.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Keep fighting!

4 Likes

Hey g-Rex. If I can help in any way just say. Thinking of you and yours. J

3 Likes

LOve :two_hearts: and good wishes and prayers for toyou and your husband.

3 Likes

Sending love and support your way. PM me if you want to vent, I know how much cancer sucks.

2 Likes

:heart: Lots of good vibes your way. So sorry for the way life has been treating you lately.

3 Likes

Goldenrex it’s going to be ok. You’re going to deal with everything one thing at a time as best as you can and get through it the best you can. That’s all you can do. That’s all anyone can expect you to do.

5 Likes

Sorry your hitting a rough patch but keep it simple and approach it one thing at a time. I know that is easy to say but thinking of what may or may not be just makes things worse. I hope your hubby gets some positive results.

5 Likes

@goldenrex I’m so sorry that you and your husband are going through this.

Here’s a link to the American Cancer Society website “Find Support Programs and Services in Your Area”

https://www.cancer.org/treatment/support-programs-and-services.html

5 Likes

Hi Rexy. Please feel free to share as you and your hubby go through this. Shalom and best wishes. We’re hear to listen.

4 Likes

Sending the best vibes possible.

You a great person and are dealing with so much stuff.

Stay strong Rexy !!

1 Like

@anon54386108, feel free to use this website for support as you go down your husband’s cancer journey. We will be glad to support you.

2 Likes