My husband has been ordering "second dinners" when he doesn't like my cooking, been finding evidence of it for months

I suspect it has less to do with your cooking skills and more to do with junk food cravings. Unfortunately, eating junk food regularly is bad for your health, especially as one gets older. I guess you can tell your husband that he really should eat healthier, but if he refuses, what can you do? He is an adult even if he’s not acting like one when it comes to food choices.

4 Likes

He is clearly too old to be behaving like that. On a more constructive note maybe you could jointly agree on the week’s menu. But you can’t allow yourself to be coerced into eating crap.

2 Likes

This sounds like something my brother’s wife has done a few times… When we make something she doesn’t really like or want, she will say she isn’t ready for dinner then wait until really late and go get BK or some other junk food stuff and try to get my brother to eat it with her.

1 Like

In his defense Taco Bell did run that advertising campaign once (awhile back now) about how they are good for ‘4th meal’. : ).

2 Likes

Ugh. That’s not nice.

Whenever my children complain, I hand them the peanut butter and a knife. I hope he likes making his own sandwiches.

Also, since it’s hubby, you could just make dishes that he does like, and if he gets tired of them, tell him you need to know and you can try cooking other dishes. But only do this after a week of peanut butter. Don’t wanna spoil him at first.

I’ll tell you, Hubby does no cooking in the house. Only my eldest and I cook the meals. So hubby is probably spoiled. But he is too cheap to go buy fast food. He’ll just eat like seven apples. That’s my cue to know he didn’t like the dish. Lol

2 Likes

I just realized the real problem here. I’m reading about second dinners, but no third dinners. That’s a total #HOBBITFAIL.

:sob:

7 Likes

I bet you are a wonderful cook Rexy. Seems like you put in a considerable effort when you make the meals. I’m not married so I don’t have any advice other than what has already has been posted.

1 Like

It’s really easy to tell if my husband likes something by the way that he eats it

Watching him eat reluctantly feels like a fail. If it’s meat and dairy based he likes it… eats very quickly
If he’s seen a vegetable in there that’s it.

Then if h3 really wants to throw down the gauntlet he will give me a comment on how he’s afraid of us eating such different diets from each other and don’t like my sugar free plant based diet

2 Likes

@anon54386108 I feel for you, as I have been through the same thing. The father of my children is a junk food junkie. He would rather eat out, especially fast food. I have enough trouble not eating the junk he brings in the house. These little secrets that ones spouse/partner keep can hurt us more than they may know or care. Good for you for continuing to cook healthy food for you both though. Don’t give up!

3 Likes

lol oy vey

1 Like

stop cooking for him…let him eat take out every night…he’ll miss you.

2 Likes

I eat out every other day. The other days I make frozen food. My mom’s BF does some cooking but I don’t usually like what he makes so I eat my own stuff. Maybe I’m one of the picky ones, or maybe I just like fast food!

Personally I’ll never say no to something with ground beef in it though.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.