My husband doesn’t like me to be on the forum because

Hmm… my ex gf cheated on me too. I left her.
Guess what, I found a girl who loathes cheating with all her heart. And we trust each other.
I think you need to have a talk with your husband and let him know that his jealousy and insecurity offend you.

2 Likes

I dislike myself just for posting this, and will probably take oxygen out of the room, but I hope it has nothing to do with me trying to help you a lot the other day, and showing internet machismo…

Sometimes I feel like a counterpart to your narrative, but it’s probably a false equivalency. But that’s what gets me taking a healthy interest right or wrong.

I’ve said gender stuff on here, and you haven’t given up on me… additionally.

It’s just the timing has me paranoid that I mattered in a bad way.

1 Like

Oh that’s too bad @CoCo.
I hope you don’t leave the forum.

2 Likes

I hope I don’t need to. I’ll keep talking to him about it though. I really like it here.

1 Like

I’m sorry this triggers you @anon64158233

1 Like

No I’m ok… I can put air back in the room too.

Idk maybe I shouldn’t have said anything. You’re valuable though with all your contributions on this site.

1 Like

Thanks @anon64158233

1 Like

sad to hear he thinks like that. This is support place i’d say, not a place you go looking to date people.

I hope you stay too =)

2 Likes

Thanks @lekkerhondje

you are welcome @CoCo =)
you are nice, would be a shame to see you go

1 Like

I had this same problem with my husband in the past @CoCo. Some years back I nearly left the forum because he was upset I was talking to other men on here and wanted me to leave. But I didn’t - I started coming on here in secret and then later when he found out he was fortunately ok with it again.

I had to explain to him it’s like a normal face to face support group in a room - there’s males and females - I’m not alone with men in the room or private message men on here. So he was ok with it.

1 Like

@CoCo you can tell him the moderators said if we catch anyone hitting on you, we will ban them because it is very against the rules.

2 Likes

Thanks @Ninjastar

1 Like

I’m glad your husband ended up not minding. That’s good. And it is like a regular support group but better

1 Like

Just say to him its peer to peer support - and a lot of us need it as the access to anything other than just meds is fairly scarce for a lot of people unfortunately.

3 Likes

I guess I’m lucky then since I have group therapies and psychotherapy once a week with a licensed Certified Social Worker, not the psychiatrist. I see him rarely.

1 Like

I have a psychiatrist who I see every 3 months. Therapy was through Covid, and all on the phone pretty much.

Now I have had the sessions that’s it.

Have a case worker, but he doesn’t listen to me at all, and doesn’t do what he says he’s going to do.

All I have now is meds.

Here in the UK I think a private pdoc appointment is about £350 from what someone else told me. Even then, if they diagnose you with something, it doesn’t count unless it’s done by the NHS - which can take years for ASD for example.

Just some rumours I have heard, none of them that great to be honest.

3 Likes

With the Social Security Disability benefits I receive, I have government Medicare insurance for the elderly and disabled. I pay around $146.00 a month insurance premium. There is a 20% Copay for psychiatric services. My psychiatric care provider is a charitable, not-for-profit organization that only treats people with severe and persistent mental illness. They waive paying the 20% Copay.

You have to meet their admission requirements and be admitted to the program. They don’t take everybody. That’s why I have to participate and use their services. I don’t want to be discharged.

I was homeless when I was admitted in 2008 on indigent funding. I later qualified for disability within three months and my case manager found the apartment I currently live in.

2 Likes

Honestly that’s super shitty of your husband like y’all need to work on your trust issues cause that’s a hell of a slippery slope

3 Likes

I left because of my wife. Same reason. She says this is social media and was reading all my posts before I stopped posting. I haven’t posted in a while. She won’t leave me alone with my cell phone for two minutes.

I have to leave it downstairs when I go upstairs to go to the bathroom. She is sleeping now.

I am not cheating or doing anything wrong on my cell phone.

And she is still hot for her age. I don’t know why she is being like this.

This place has helped me. I am the only schizophrenic I know.

6 Likes