Schizophrenia.com

My head has been bobbing

Up and down while I watch tv. I’m going to have to make an appointment with my dr. My husband said something about it tonight. It’s not severe, but can make me look weird. I can’t afford the atypical antipsychotics unfortunately so I have to stick with the old school meds. Bummer!

3 Likes

How expensive are the atypical antipsychotics where you’re at? Some are quite affordable now with good Rx if you’re in America

I can’t afford them even with GoodRx. My husband and I are both disabled so we’re low income. We don’t qualify for Medicaid or extra help because the other parents have always claimed the kids. So even though we’re a family of 4, Medicaid considers us to be a family of 2. It’s not fair

man, I am so sorry ! I hope you get the help you need and deserve.

1 Like

Unfortunate, we can get free meds here in Singapore if you have low income or are on welfare

2 Likes

Thanks @jukebox

I’m sorry to hear that Piano.

1 Like

Thanks @Raelyn_Fenn

1 Like

Risperdal should be pretty cheap. Its pretty cheap here compared to Abilify and Latuda.

1 Like

I tried Risperdal, but it didn’t help @Aziz .

1 Like

sorry to hear that @Pianogal … i feel spoiled being able to get any of the meds i need without having to worry if i can pay for it or not…

1 Like

the head. yeah. sometimes I feel like it’s too heavy for my neck.
Hopefully this passes.

1 Like

Thanks @lekkerhondje @Daze

1 Like

Maybe its not the AP. Haldol has the same risk for QT prolongation than most atypical APs.

1 Like

Either have your pdoc lower your AP dose or go on a med like Cogentin or Inderal with your pdocs approval.

I’m already on 3 mg of Cogentin. But she might increase the dose

Hey i don’t really have anything to input I just hope you get the meds you need. I’ll say a prayer for you

1 Like

Thanks so much @Earthfire

1 Like

Risperidone should be as potent as haloperidol if not more potent

I took risperdal. It didn’t help me @swordiebrom