My guitar instructor always says

that he is going to send me stuff and then I never receive it. He has said it before and to send to phone and not received. Today, he specifically asked for my email to send some sheet music to and I have not received.

It was for playing intro to “Iron man” or “I am Iron Man” whatever that song is called. It deals with higher frets that I’m just getting accustomed to paly.

You know the Do do… do do do… do do do do do do do do…lol if that helps you get the tune.

Anyway, now I have an assignment with no sheet music. Oh well…maybe I can try to find tab on the internet…dont know if its available for free or not. Probably not.

6 Likes

Yes sir!

That would be the song Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

4 Likes

He brought in some pedals to use for with it, so I’m not sure how good it will sound without them anyway. I have a metal core pedal that might work, I don’t know.

2 Likes

FOund it . that wasnt too hard i guess

2 Likes

It’s a super easy song to learn. Have fun! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m learning from a blues guitar book that’s easy. I never practice long, just 25 minutes a day. And I practice mandolin 25 minutes. On a good day. If I’m depressed I won’t practice but one or none.

2 Likes

My minimum is usually about 40 mins. But I slacked off yesterday and only guitar today was at lesson. I usually try to shoot for somewhere over an hour.

1 Like

I often find myself putting my energy into books and think whoops! there i go again. That’s what I’ve always done. I’m the burnt out intellectual.

2 Likes

Honestly, i exclusively use tabs and chord charts. This site is my best friend: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/

3 Likes

Thanks for link @Grookey . I bookmarked it. I have no intention of abandoning standard notation, though. I have come too far with it. I will use tab as well, though.

2 Likes

So says the beetle. I am skeptical :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. I’ve been messing with it for about a half hour. Having a hell of a time with these shapes on the higher frets. I’m so used to frets 1 to 4… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

LOL

Ahhh don’t despair Lad!

You’ll get the hang of it. Listen to the original song on YT too to get a sense of the rhythm and timing. :wink:

2 Likes

i actually got a premium membership on grookeys site. I think that was what my instructor used on his tablet. you can play it there. you can pause and repeat certain sections and whatnot. its pretty neat.

Thanks Monte. I will try! might take awhile.

4 Likes

You got this big dude! :hugs:

Play that guitar like you’re in a punk band in a raunchy club in 80s L.A. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Im so glad you like it!

2 Likes

Punk is the whole reason i started playing guitar. Dreamt of being the lead guitarist in a punk band

3 Likes

Hell yeah!

I’ll always love punk music and the spirit behind it.

It’s so fun to play too!

3 Likes