My "friend" hates me

I am very hard of hearing and my long time 'friend" has no patience with that. She gets angry when I can’t hear her talk on the phone. She says it is my fault because I don’t like to wear my hearing aids. She has no idea or sympathy for the fact that they are a real hassle and not worth the hassle. I think she is very cruel. As a matter of fact I think that most people are cruel and heartless. For instance, I have no friends here in my apartment complex. The only time people come over to visit me is when they want something from me and no other time. Never just to chat and visit. Never. I have never been invited over to anybody’s apartment here as long as I’ve been living here over the last three years. It’s a good thing I can keep myself company.

4 Likes

Yeah, I identify.

I’m sometimes lonely, but I don’t have a lot of great avenues to improve my lot.

3 Likes

not much of a friend. the few i care about talk to me, watch movies with me, and we take turns making dinner for each other. to me they are true friends.

3 Likes

Now my “friend” has blocked not only my phone number, but also my texts. Some “friend”. And she was one of only two friends that I have. The other one has really bad Alzheimer’s and cancer. These are the reasons that I am alone all the time and I do everything by myself and am happy with that. I can count on no one.

I’ll be your friend, @Jayster.

1 Like

Look to this day
for it is life
the very life of life.
In its brief course lie all
the realities and truths of existence
the joy of growth
the splendor of action
the glory of power.

For yesterday is but a memory
And tomorrow is only a vision.
But today well lived
makes every yesterday a memory of happiness
and every tomorrow a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day.

– ancient Sanskrit poem –

2 Likes

I got no friends here either been living here 11 years and although people talk to you when your outside, they never invite me over. no worries though i’m a loner and better off myself. Hope you can find another new friend

i have loved the good ones and them me. but those who stole truth turned to the banker be. will run from for they never were. they were found out and so they scurry and those of us who found out love delight in their hurry. run rabbit run.

Could you make the first move and invite them over for coffee? I’m helpless without a crutch like coffee or going out to lunch.

1 Like

How often do you invite others over? A lot of times I’ve found if you start reaching out more often others will be more likely to reach out to you.

I am sorry you feel that way. All my friends are too far away to visit…oh the days of college when I was surrounded by friends !! I try not to think of that and just live my life day to day with what good I can collect from the days…not much help I know…I’m sorry.

@jukebox @Jayster @LED @chordy @finally @Mountainman I’m already used to her absence and have moved on. She was really just a time drain and nothing much more than that. I sure hope she never contacts me again.

I live in subsided housing, and there is a lot of drinking, drug use and dealing, and con artists. It’s better to keep to yourself. Also violence and guns. Someone was shot outside the complex a while back. But the place I’m in is one of the better places to live.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.