My flat effect is gone!

My flat effect has gone recently. I’m cautious with new emotions. Music feels great, I can feel again. I’m no longer depressed. Took me a year since my relapse for become human again. If you have questions how I did or what pattern I followed, please be free to ask.

13 Likes

I’d like to know what you did to feel again.

1 Like

First of all I stayed on my antipsychotic medication that a psydoc prescribed me. Stayed on recommended dose even though I wanted to change it immediately. Prolactin stabilized. I also stayed on SSRI medication for 6 months now. I started having long walks and some weighted body exercises. I did push myself things to do that I didn’t want to do. I started slowly cooking for myself and for my mom. I did read couple of books to get my mind working again, that helped with my speech of poverty and blank thoughts. I started having a certain routine even though it wasn’t a good one: getting up at certain time, eating breakfast always, have my morning coffee and cigarettes. I avoided my dangerous substances like alcohol, cannabis and others. The only drugs I used was and is caffeine and nicotine.my dog helped with my emotions a lot, I do pet him a lot and give him a lot of attention, but snacks and give him some raw meat. I stay in a shower for a long time when I’m stressed and it really helps, I don’t worry much about water bill. I started playing Runescape 3 and I felt like I was in a society like others, mining, farming, skilling and chatting with other players. I also when play runescape I do split screen and watch something interesting on other screen. I also forced myself to go for a run or longer walks. Sat down in nature and relaxed. I STILL use benzodiapines when I have a psychotic episode or panic attack cause AP medication does not protect you all the time. I started here minimum to help my mother with dishes and basic chores. I also started working as a barista and I push myself to keep moving and busy, always cleaning and chatting at the same time (hence this is present after 9 months of my depression and hard flat effect. Recently I’ve lost 3kg of body mass because I’ve started eating less, I feel full like for 6 hours after I eat. For sleep I started using valerian extract and hot coca drink. I started to avoid stimulation before bed time. I also earlier started to do shopping for me and my mom, learned what she likes and doesn’t.

9 Likes

That was such a healthy way to regain your life. Baby steps turned into big steps. Very encouraging!

4 Likes

Good going @Newlyborn!
Congratulations!

2 Likes

What ap and what dosage are you on?

1 Like

What SSRI and what dosage are you on? I think that’s what’s making the difference.

1 Like

that is very inspiring to hear and i find myself comparing what you have done to what i did and its very different, i congratulate you and also pray you continue to improve

:clap: :clap: :clap:

well done!

2 Likes

75 xeplion, it’s like 3-4mg risperidone converted to tablets

1 Like

Lexapro (escitalopram) 10mg

1 Like

Do you mind if I move this to Health and Recovery? This is a fantastic thing to share!

3 Likes

Go ahead! I always want to help people, directly and indirectly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also want to mention is that you should open about your delusions to your trusted person or carer. I’ve felt so much better discussing my delusion with my mother and she can better understand this illness and where I am coming from

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your journey, it’s helpful and so encouraging! I’m very happy for you :blush:

2 Likes

By the way people, listening to different genres of music really help, so sometimes I go from death metal like Trivium to something like Katy Perry

I am on risperdone 3mg, while my negative symptoms very slightly improved, Abilify was much better at improving negative symptoms.
Compared to Latuda I feel slightly more positive on risperdone but I still stay in bed all day and only listen to music.

My psy doesn’t want to prescribe me an antidepressant because he says I have negative symptoms not depression, he’s right.
I think you had depression and the antidepressant improved you because my psy said there is no meds for negative symptoms yet. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.