My first tomato

I posted earlier with my first tomato when I first saw it coming in. Here it is now. There is another one the same size right behind it and a bunch growing in now.

24 Likes

And here’s my first jalapeño!

21 Likes

Cool @rocket . We’ve got quite a few tomatoes coming in on our plants too but they are all far from ripe yet.

1 Like

My uncle grows tomatoes too. Some years are more productive. 2021 has been rainy and as such we’ll eat more tomatoes than planned.

3 Likes

Auyyyy looking good haha

1 Like

ohhhh man home grown tomatoes !! yayyyyy…love love love them.

2 Likes

At least 3 out of my 4 neighbors grow tomato’s.

I’m going to have to figure something out for next year.

They’re good at growing tomato’s too. Gotta learn from them

4 Likes

you can make loads of lovely meals with them, i made a sandwich last week and put my salad leaves in it that i was growing, said to my neighbours they can use it bc i wont eat it enough.

2 Likes

Are green tomatoes good? I heard you can fry them or something

1 Like

I plan to wait until they ripen and turn red before I pick them to eat.

Oh true that’s good

1 Like

I certainly don’t have that much!

We do raise quail for eggs and we always have lots of them to give away.

1 Like

its nice to share,

I’m growing snap peas and i said that i wont be eating them so anyone can take them, last years was good for them but no-one ate them :frowning: i hate it going to waste but i guess it all come from the ground anyway,

1 Like

I’ve never eaten a tomato, they just don’t look appealing to me.

I have had tomato/vegetable juice, tomato soup, tomato sauce and ketchup, just never eaten an actual tomato.

2 Likes

I used to grow onions, tomatoes, green beans, and jalapeños. But then my plants got a disease that comes back every year I try to do it now. We’ve decided not to grow vegetables anymore. It’s too bad

2 Likes

Well done. Both the jalapeno and the tomatoes look very healthy. Can’t wait to see them when they’ve fully matured.

1 Like

it might be the soil, maybe try change the soil, idk have you done research about it?

2 Likes

Mushrooms :mushroom: used to grow inside my house! Ha ha ! The house had moisture and the mushrooms would grow through the rug!! I live in a nice house now !! My first house was old af ha ha!! But yes nice veggies!

1 Like

I have. We thought about changing over the soil but changing it all out is simply too expensive for us. We’re both disabled with 3 kids

2 Likes

Fun story. Mr. Star’s friend hates tomatoes, because when his grandpa came to America, he didn’t speak any English. He had heard stories about apples and how delicious and sweet trey were. He knew they were a round, red fruit. So he went to the market first chance he got anf bought a round, red fruit. He was so excited to try the apple, but when he bit into it, is was salty and squirted juice everywhere because he accidentally bought a tomato. He was horrified, and after that he taugjt all his kids and their kids to hate tomatoes.

4 Likes